or Connect

Posts by jfanning

No one has said that, maybe you should read the thread before saying anything
How about you stop being a knob, and if you think I am wrong you actually provide some proof for once
Why don't you read before you post?
If you can't understand the point, then maybe you were a child in 2007 and/or didn't understand the industry internationally at that time.
The mobile scene in the USA was quite backward compared to other countries when the iPhone was released, again don't confuse the USA with the rest of the world
Actually it was unusual back then, stop confusing the practices of the USA with the rest of the world. I purchased unlocked Nokia smartphones in 2007 (actually I purchased Nokia unlocked smartphones in 2002), it wasn't hard to find them.
You made the comment, I asked you a question based on that comment. If you didn't want anyone to comment on it, why did you make the statement in the first place?
No, I haven't said this. I said until iPhone OS 2.x was released the iPhone wasn't a smartphone, there is a clear difference.Well there were feature phones with the exact same features, so why wouldn't it be a feature phone,Which models?
Did they do this by locking the devices to a carrier worse than anyone else had??
But it didn't, it was quite slow to take off, in fact it took a while to get an international following (you know, the 96% non USA part of the world), it took Apple to add additional features that these users were used to having on their smartphones, 3G, app etc.