or Connect

Posts by jfanning

Did they do this by locking the devices to a carrier worse than anyone else had??
But it didn't, it was quite slow to take off, in fact it took a while to get an international following (you know, the 96% non USA part of the world), it took Apple to add additional features that these users were used to having on their smartphones, 3G, app etc.
If that is what you think, fine. But what about your claim?
So how many features does it have to be missing before they can't be a smartphone anymore? 1, 2, 10. By your logic a toaster can be a smartphone, after all it is only missing a few features.And again, what from your list of different that what other smartphones were offering at the same time, nothing apart from multi touch, in fact the iPhone was missing a number of features (Apps, Video, 3G) that the others had
That is a Samsung SCH-A930.It supports BREW apps, so non native, also it only supported WAP browsing, so no, I wouldn't call it a smartphoneBut it supports something the iPhone didn't get to the 3GS, video recording. Talk me through that one, apart from expecting people to purchase a new phone, why didn't Apple just supply a video capture app? Even Nokia did that with the 7650 to give it video capture support.
So according to your theory your flip phone was a smartphone?
The only person comparing a smartphone to a flip phone is you.The only thing the iPhone had at release that was unique was multi touch.
Yes, the OS does matter, I can't tell even what the model is from that crap image.I have never said it was the only requirement, but it was one of the requirements that iPhone OS 1.x was missing.In 2007 there were Sybmian based phones that had native email, GPS, Maps, web browser (plus WAP if you were sad enough to use that), WiFi, user installable native apps (actually S60 had that from the start), they were smartphones
Oh dear indeed. I think you have dug yourself a little hole and don't know how to get out of it.The iPhone 1 was a smartphone, but only after iPhone OS 2.0 was released, remember you could update your iPhone when the new version of the OS came out...
What OS was it running? Also, java or native apps?