or Connect

Posts by jfanning

How can we blame Sky and TVNZ when we have had Quickflix for ages, Lightbox for a while, and that joke of a SkyTV Neon. There was nothing stopping Apple getting rights to sell online copies of TV Shows in NZ, they just haven't bothered to do it. You don't see SkyTV trying to block DVD and Blu-ray sales.Personally I haven't used a NZ TV on demand site for years, especially TVNZ since the killed the PS3 app and haven't replaced it. Netflix, Hulu and Plex work fine on my...
But we are talking about Aussie/NZ, iTunes doesn't carry all the "current stuff" here. In fact in NZ Apple has around zero tv shows, and quite expensive movies. They are really dropping the ball here
What does a "windows" mouse look like?
Symptom of the times? DO you mean people being wrong, I'm afraid that isn't down to any particular time. I think the tech forums you were referring to was this this site, and the users who tried to claim Nokia was including the S40 phones in their smartphone figures to increase them, when Nokia constantly said they weren't?Last post about it, got you, you can claim anything, post anything, never be able to back it up and you'll run away with your fingers in your ears...
They were never smartphones, those tech forums were wrong.Sorry I was on my tablet, yes I meant AOSP. If they don't have access to the Google App Store, all that means is they aren't counted as a Google Android device. If they meet all the other criteria, then they could be counted as a smartphone. Two points to this, if you don't want to argue it, don't bring it up in the first place, also, if you are going to claim something, have the info to back it up.
The S40 was never described as a smartphone.Which ASAP phones are feature phones and why?
I would have thought a 4K or 8K display would be 10bpp not 8bpp?
Ah, didn't take you long to get back to your usual comments, congratulations.
This article isn't about market share, it is about the percentage of phones that are on the latest OS. Apple and Google report these figures exactly the same way, why are you having trouble with this fact.I know you have made it several times, but the point is pointless, this is an article about the percentage of phones that are on the latest OS. No one is thinking otherwise, you look at the figures and say, man that is poor, only 1.6% of devices are on lollipop. It...
No, I read it, and I commented on it.What are you talking about? Apples numbers are from devices contacting the App Store, exactly the same as the Google Developer stats. This has nothing to do with Sales numbers, Apple and Google report them seperately.You are confusing things. Apple reports developer stats exactly the same way Google does, connections to their App Store at certain points. I have an iOS 5 device here, it never connects to the App Store, Apple isn't...