or Connect

Posts by meh 2

Watching the Apple Event later concerning the new iPhone products, I was struck again (more this time than previously) by just how good Steve Jobs was at presenting (i.e., selling) himself on stage.   Granted, it is not an easy thing to do - getting up on stage and talking a rehearsed speech in ad lib form knowing that you are being scrutinized by so many people. And to that degree, the Apple crew did an admirable job - getting through the presentation without a major...
Watching Elop in the video, I can't shake the comical impression that when he smiles he looks too similar to Neal McDonough, the smarmy character actor that recently appeared in the TV series "Justified." When he is smiling, he is at his deadliest.   Unfair to pose as a legitimate inquiry, but will be interesting to see if he knifes Balmer in the same way McDonough knifed the mafia family he worked for.   It can be interesting how closely fact sometimes follows...
In an odd, peculiar way - this is perhaps what an uninspired corporate exec-scoundrel might say. Being wiley and cagey, but knowing deep down they have their job because those around them (e.g., the Board of Directors) are not capable of ferreting out the truth that they will fake it before they make it. Here, what other recourse does a cunning scoundrel have? Granted they will fail, no matter what - they have no real ingenuity to lead - but the longer they posture a form...
 Thank you for your excellent post. I see what you are saying. I simply do not know anything about the Nokia Lumia and, admittedly, would have wrongfully tarred it with the same brush that I reluctantly have for the Samsung III. Please forgive my ignorance, I meant no disrespect to phones that actually do work very well and exhibit an advanced degree of innovation not seen on the Apple platform..
 I am having a difficult time understanding the premise of several posts to this thread. The premise that is reflected above (and I don't mean to be brutish or void of understanding) is that one can even compare the iPhone with the competition. I have the 4S and my wife has the Galaxy III (I think it's called) and in terms of ease of use and things working seamlessly, there is no comparison. I understand that me experience may be anecdotal, but on the surface it looks as...
 It is interesting, in these times of patent infringement and copying accusations, to consider - culturally - how the idea of intellectual property differs from one culture to another.  There is a type of wisdom that might allow that copying - per se - is not the problem, and never has been. Steve Jobs quoted a missive that is all too often misunderstood. Attributed by some to Pablo Picasso, it goes something like this "Good artists copy - great artists steal." Picasso,...
http://betanews.com/2009/07/30/ballmer-apple-market-share-gains-are-a-rounding-error/ Amazing how those rounding errors add up!
There is an issue within an issue that needs to be distinguished.   The lay person (most of us) will understandably have a general common-sense based belief that "to copy someone else who has a patent on a device is clearly wrong." But the law puts some distinctions on this general maxim which makes exceptions to this general case. The Apple v. Samsung suit is a prime example of this distinction.   COPYING vs. PATENT INFRINGEMENT   In general, the U.S....
Interesting numbers. A few casual observations:   1) The source cited in this article was Samsung. Samsung's number one priority seems to be - at present - to defend the charge that they copied the iPad. Would it be in Samsung's best immediate interests, to spin the results of the internal survey they conducted by taking a hit on quality - versus consumer deception?   2) The breakdown for the numbers (as reported) seems to be dissatisfaction based on the...
Thank you for illuminating the prior post's point. That is actually the very frustrating thing about English in my experience - one takes care to make a conciliatory point between two polemic views (e.g., here, Apple should take care to always continue to refine their technological edge by catering part of their efforts to the vanguard creative professionals, while continuing to expand upon their new-found success as a major technology provider for the masses. Forgive me,...