or Connect

Posts by Tokolosh

It depends on where the drink is being bottled. Sugar is used in many countries for Pepsi and Coke products. It is the reason that many people prefer the drinks bottled in South America rather than in the US.
your typical usage onto millions of others that do not fit your usage category. It clearly is not a bad business decision as the bulk of the batteries that do need replacing will occur well after Apple is footing the bill. I also don't think the problem is all that widespread. It affect some power users but for the most part people manage fine with the juice they have.
Let me correct the math for you. $8,000 per is way too high for this estimate. We realistically can assume that the bulk of these part-timers are single so Apple isn't taking on too many families and dependents here. A high estimate for average monthly premium (this is assuming HMO coverage in each market with stores) would be $350... That is $4,200 per year per employee electing coverage. So max output is $41,580,000 instead of the $80 million. Of course, not everyone...
Some years ago the government became concerned about the overwhelming stats on who was being denied mortgages. They changed some laws and mandates that required FNMA and FDMC to find ways to get more of the lower socio-economic classes into homes. That is what opened up the flood gates of easy lending and "cheap" money. It was a huge concern during a part of the Bush years but any attempt to change it was rebuffed by the same congressional leaders who are now saying the...
Apparently Apple didn't get the memo about the world being in a recession.
The second paragraph indicates we are looking at far more than a simple "tweak". Back to the drawing board would be the first contradiction.
Often companies search for redundancy that would be a backup in case of disaster. A disaster striking in CA and possibly shutting down facilities and infrastructure would almost certainly not affect North Carolina and visa versa. This farm not only increases Apple's capacity but also creates more redundancy. This is very common in banking and other record heavy industries, backups and servers are maintained at two or more sites in case of failure specific to location.
Kathy Lee Gifford and Nike were contracting with companies running sweat shops... essentially pennies a day, child labor, dark basements and 7 days per week for 10-14 hours per day. Wintek's situation is unpaid overtime (but still union negotiated wages) and labor reductions without notice (and I assume without severance). These two situations are not the same. Both are unethical but on a degree of morality they don't rate even remotely similar. Be encouraged by the fact...
This is right on. I don't want to go through the hassle of making my phone work (though without full functionality) on some other network. It is worth it to me to let AT&T and Apple charge me a bit more money for everything to work seamlessly. It is about opportunity costs. For every hour I spend troubleshooting by jailbroken phone I am walking away from $200 of potential revenue. I'll take the slightly higher monthly premiums thank you.
I'm willing to bet that AT&T is actually going to begin advertising their lower cost plan already in place as an option. Currently they don't offer it unless you ask for it. It is their 550 minute tier and I have it on my phone. Between that plan and the reductions offered through my employer my wife and I each have an iPhone and we are paying $125 per month for the talk time, data, unlimited text, etc. So a reduction... I doubt it. Just a wider availablility of this...