or Connect

Posts by bensaunders

I have copied some music from my iTunes library to my USB flash drive to play through the USB connection on my car stereo. However, when I plug it in I the USB drive has a ._file associated with every music file I've put on there. It still plays fine through the car stereo, but it tries to play the ,_ file between every track, leaving a slightly annoying pause. I understand that these are something to do with the HFS file system, and I can view & delete these files on a...
After unsuccessfully trying to troubleshoot some problems for my dad from half way round the world I thought I had better ask for some help! He has a Canon digital camera and a Sony he uses for underwater shots. He imports all of the pics and movies from both cameras into iPhoto, and the movies from both cameras play fine out of iPhoto. Recently he has decided to start editing them in iMovie 8, and here comes the bit where I'm not 100% sure what he has been doing,...
I am running a 2.0GHz Black macbook with 1Gb ram, OS X 10.5.1 and Safari 3.0.4, and for some reason Safari won't play any Quicktime videos. For example, in the movie trailer section of he Apple home page I can click on a trailer to play, and the sound plays, but the picture doesn't show. This didn't happen before I upgraded to Leopard! Anyone got any ideas whats wrong? Thanks!
This is a query on behalf of my dad now. He has a pretty big collection of RAW photos that he manages through Aperture and has recently upgraded to Leopard, with the backup abilities of Time Machine being the major driver. I don't use Aperture myself so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that I am right in saying that Aperture stores all of its picture sin a single library file. If this is the case, will Time Machine make a new copy of the entire Aperture library every...
A quick question, my dad has recently bought a canon 40D, and was a bit miffed that aperture does not support the RAW format associated with the camera. Before he could sort it out he had to go away so he asked me to have a look ibto it for him. After some google searches it seems this is a general problem and an update should fix it.anyone know if the recentupdate sorted this? Thanks
ok, this moche be a stupid question that someone has already answered, but how exactly does time machine handle notebook backups? What I mean is when I am of Donnected to my external drive will it still make the hourly backups and then copy them over to the backup drive when I connect it, orwill it only backup when I am connected to the drive? Thanks!
any idea how to do the command-option-ctrl-8 screen invert thingy from the terminal window?
My girlfriend is on her second MacBook (the first one was replaced after 4 logic board failures in 6, by which point they had upgraded the range, so not all bad!). Every now and then when she closes the thing to put it to sleep you hear the restarting chimes and it reboots itself. When it does this it seems to crash the desktop as well. Any picture set to the desktop is replaced with a plain blue screen, and you cannot launch any apps or documents that are on the desktop...
Not 100% a technical question but support related! My girlfriends Macbook had died for the 4th time, so our local Apple store has agreed to exchange it for a new one. Gonna take it in tomorrow, but now she can't find the OSX/iLife discs that came with it. Anyone know if this is going to cause an issue with returning it? She has the charger with the extension lead, and the remote control. Just the discs she doesn't have. If its going to be a problem then I'll give...
I posted a while back about upgrading the RAM on my GF's base MacBook, and have decided that it is the best course of action having seen the slow down problems she was getting running Office undeer Rosetta with only 512M of RAM. I have anaged to find a website in the UK that sells Apple brand memory modules for a reasonable price (unlike the Apple store!). I know that the MacBook supports dual-channel memory, so I can't decide if it would be best to get a matching...