or Connect

Posts by MuncyWeb

100,000 dollars of what? Our very ignorance of the true meaning of the word dollar is an unfortunate indication of just why our economy is failing in the first place. It's sad to see it affect something as near and dear to me as Macworld. I can only hope that these circumstances bring about a desire to inform ourselves about what is really going on. CarolinaLiberty.com Aim at the roots.
News flash! One of the most valued features of the Mac has once again returned -- usability. LOL. What good is all that shiny glass and aluminum if you can't even use the thing right? I'm one of your biggest fans, Apple. But please, stop complicating things so much to the point that they become issues. And I would like to make a gentle suggestion that you work on the quality and testing of your products before launch. I don't recall my Performa 475 ever not being able to...
What most people do not realize is that it is not up to the judge, but rather the jury, to form their own interpretations of the law. It is unfortunate that today, jury members do not know this and they are now being told by the judges that they will interpret the law as it is given them by the judge. Judges today are also saying things like, "if you bring up the Constitution in my courtroom one more time, I'll hold you in contempt!" I know this personally because it...
Well put kind sir. My 1984 Lisa II (still running) would be proud, if of course it was able to get online and view this forum.
Haha! Memories indeed.
I've owned an old PowerBook G3 -- the one in the old shark advertisements..ate Pentiums for breakfast or something to that nature. Its trackpad worked just fine. It's button was reliable and I never had to think about it. It just worked. I NEVER had a complaint about the screen being matte, nor did I ever hear anyone else complain about it. What a quality product! Fast forward a few years and now we have glossy screen complaints, trackpads that are so complex that they...
Is it just me or doesn't that Dreamlinux look nearly identical to OS X?
It's sad how even a company with such insanely great design and innovation can have trouble with growth in a country whose money is backed by nothing but the faith of the people. www.CarolinaLiberty.com
Thanks guys, for once I've been able to spark some conversation on here. Makes me feel good. Really, thanks. Yes, they do indeed like show off the glare at Apple. That photo with the line across the screen was a screenshot directly from Apple's new Macbook video. Not to get too philosophical, but I think perhaps this is a good indication of our recent preferences of form over function. I personally think people are much more vain (fashionable, etc) than they once were. And...
Yes, I can just hear my grandmother now if she were to watch the MacBook video. "What's that little line across the screen?" It's funny, the people that like the glossy screens say it's not a problem and usually reference ambient lighting as the culprit of glare. They often say, "move it, and you won't have a problem." But Apple, in it's advertisements with glossy screens does not make an effort to reduce the effect of the glare. Instead they make an effort to be SURE that...