or Connect

Posts by Inkling

How irritating. Apple seems to be creating a nanny operating system that treats users like children who need to have their every step guided by someone wiser. It also reminds me of Microsoft's irritating Clippy. It'd try to type something and Clippy would come up asking me if I wanted to write a letter. Oh, I I hated it.
Jobs "brutal" behavior is well-documented. It's easy to suspect that the fond memories these Apple executives have for him now flow in part from the fact that he made them stupendously rich and that he's now dead, unable to trouble them any more. It's also probably true that Apple's upper ranks were a self-selecting group of those who could handle his abusive speech. Less thick-skinned but perhaps more talented people left. It's also true that the angry young man of the...
Kremlinology over actual facts? Sorry, but that make no sense. What are the actual sales of Apple watches? Apple's not saying and is bundling that income with other items. That suggests that they're less than spectacular. That's not surprising. Apple did its best and what it did is impressive. But a tiny touch screen simply isn't that useful for the vast majority of iPhone users. The UI is too constrained.
Quote from potatoleeksoup: "Anyone here use Overcast as their podcast player? Heard good things about it, though I'm plenty happy with Apple's player." It's not feature rich, but the smart audio processing it absolutely marvelous. Before getting it, I was frustrated by the wide variations in sound level between podcasts. Now I hardly ever need to adjust the volume. Even better, its ability to shorten pauses and adjust the playback speed in small increments makes almost...
There's another option the budget conscious might consider: get a used iPhone 5 or 5s for your favorite cellular carrier. You get a similar feature set, plus a cell phone without the hefty cost of a cellular contract.
Do I care about 'designer' packaging? Not at all. It's quickly ripped apart and discarded. Those who "oooh" and "ahhh" while they open a box are just being silly.
Some of the plans are, shall we say, not very impressive. You'd think that, with such a large potential market, GigSky could have worked out better and more consistent plans with these cellular providers. What they're selling looks like a hodge-podge.
Hilarious! Look at that line of people waiting for their first chance to get an Apple Watch. Wow, there must be at least thirty people in line. I've seen many times that waiting in line when all Apple was doing was opening a new store and giving away free t-shirts. That leaves me wondering if CNBC is more in touch than AppleInsider. Smartwatches are a technology whose time hasn't come. Can you really cram enough user input and output into a small watch face to make the...
All the poor black kids growing up in impoverished, fatherless homes. All the young black men slaughtering each other on the streets of cities such as Detroit. There's also the readful inner city schools and liberals who fight to keep the poor from having the same choices as they have. And yet what gets Apple all hot and bothered. A flag in a game about a long-ago war. Apple's hypocrisy is sickening.
Quote: "Perhaps more significantly the new director will be responsible for crafting letters, position papers, and testimony with the goal of persuading lawmakers and regulators to adopt policies friendly to Apple's business practices and profits." In other words, Apple is looking for someone to help create new loopholes like those it and a host of other giant corporations used to evade EU taxes%u2014taxes that struggling little corner groceries could not afford to...