or Connect

Posts by Inkling

This is a most strange article. It mentions Apple's roll-out but not the troubles it had. The actual feed was a crazy mixture of color bars, Chinese translation, and prior video.
Can publishers bundle ebooks on the iBookstore? In the past, there's been no way to sell a reflowable version of a book (for iPhones) and a fixed-format version for iPads together at one price. Customers had to buy both separately even though the content was the same. Bundles of ebooks would also let authors sell their entire series in one package.
My 3GS won't run iOS 8. I hope there will be a version for my iPad.
There must be a reason Apple is discounting their laptops so heavily. The change may not come until 2015, but look for major improvements in both the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air, improvements that may have many hitting their forehead and asking, "Why didn't I wait?" Other than Retina for the MBA and a better battery life due to the new chips, I'm not sure what those changes will be. One must-have is a compact power supply like the Kickstarter Dart. It's ridiculous to...
 Alas, no. I actually think they're still living in the world of the 1970s, when California was the Golden State.  At one time California did many things right, investing in dams and aqueducts rather than now being inordinately proud of plastic bag bans or purging tiny traces of chemicals in their products. It's called chauvinism, meaning being for a region but indifferent to or ignorant of its problems. Like Tim Cook, I grew up in Alabama and never understood why...
Why did Apple's upper management think their taste in music was shared by everyone else? If they'd wanted to stress their products' links music, books and apps, they could have offered an iTunes coupon with each purchase. Let the public choose what they like and don't confine that to music. If reports of true that Apple's "payment" for this free music includes sponsoring combined Apple/U2 advertising, then Apple is in big trouble. Those U2 ads are as likely to irritate as...
12-inches is good, but who cares that much about colors. They're not worth a $1000 purchase, particularly when you can get a similar result with a $25 case. Apple needs to take a hard look at what features it can add to the MBA to make it worth buying for those who have an iPad. Every time I think about replacing my aging white MacBook, I look over at my iPad and ask, "what is there that I'm doing on my MacBook, that I couldn't be doing on that iPad?" The only...
Quote: "Apple states that its upcoming watch borrows GPS and WiFi from its paired iPhone." That's good news, but the news I'd like to hear is that my (non-cellular) iPad and Mac laptop can "borrow" GPS from my iPhone.
Alas, all the accounts I've read have both Bono the guy and U2 the band taking advantage of the Irish-Dutch sandwich. Besides, the more taxes U2 avoids, the more is passed along to Bono. It amounts to the same thing.   When I lived in Seattle we had to endure something similar. Both Bill Gates, Sr. and Jr., thought 'tax the rich but not me' was a credible position. It wasn't.   Gates Jr. spent far more on his Lake Washington home that it ended up being worth because...
If the NY Times is right that Apple paid $100 million for these free downloads, the currently Apple has paid about $50 per download. That money would have been better spent offering free apps, music, and ebook downloads with the purchase of new Apple devices. That way, people would get what they want and they'd establish a buying habit.