or Connect

Posts by Inkling

So the test involves a height of one meter (about three feet)? Two meters (six feet) would be more true to life, since it would simulate falling from a phone being held up to the head. Does Corning think that most smartphone users are little children? A friend working for a paper company was once given a task. Food aid overseas often went in bags they made, but the federal government was thinking of shifting to something stronger. His job was to experiment until he came...
undefined
Keep in mind the marvelous advantages the Creative Cloud offers to working professionals. The old sales model forced software companies to hold back new features. An enhancement might be up and running in January, but it had to be held back until December to give users a good reason to buy the expensive, full-digit upgrade. And a new feature that wasn't quite ready for the release date either shipped buggy or was delayed by a year or more. The new subscription model...
Still not good enough. My iPad 3, which has the hardware to support the continuity features still doesn't have the option to turn that on.
What a lame commercial. It actually thinks it's worthwhile point out that a Surface's screen angle can be adjusted just like every laptop on the market including the MacBook Air. Lame, very lame. And I guess we're supposed to like that off-key singing.
Is it just me, or is this smartphone craze simply stupid? I liked the iPhone the first time I saw one. For years, I'd been trying to find a phone clever enough to do what it did. Most were ill-designed junk. The iPhone, particularly when it could add apps, was a marvelous idea. But these smartwatches leave me wondering why anyone would want one. An AT&T salesman showed me how he could put different clock screens on his. I thought, why would I pay $200-300 for that? And...
Consumers don't mind paying more for an Apple tablet because they're comparing the cost to that of a laptop rather than to cheap tablets. And they're drawn to iPads, in part, because Apple supports them longer with iOS upgrades than Android makers do. People have enough sense to see a more long-lived product as the better investment. That's why the lack of support for iOS's Continuity features on the iPad 3 was such a stupid move, since its hardware can handle those...
Is Samsung's version going to work with their older tablets that have the proper hardware. I'm ticked off at Apple that my iPad 3 meets the hardware specs but doesn't have Continuity. I specifically got it for Bluetooth 4.0.
Will 30-40 million people buy what's likely to be an over-priced iWatch that'll soon be left in the dust by later, better, and less-expensive versions? Maybe. But if I worked at Apple, I wouldn't bet my career on that.
This is hilarious. What were those efforts intended to hide? Everyone and his brother knew that GT Advanced was making screens for iPhones. They might has well put up a sign at the entrance of the employee parking lot: "Proudly Making Screens for the Next iPhone." These code names weren't going to fool anyone and had nothing to do with the secret manufacturing processes involved. I once had a job that was so secret, when I wrote down radar parameters, I was required to...