or Connect

Posts by Inkling

What a lame commercial. It actually thinks it's worthwhile point out that a Surface's screen angle can be adjusted just like every laptop on the market including the MacBook Air. Lame, very lame. And I guess we're supposed to like that off-key singing.
Is it just me, or is this smartphone craze simply stupid? I liked the iPhone the first time I saw one. For years, I'd been trying to find a phone clever enough to do what it did. Most were ill-designed junk. The iPhone, particularly when it could add apps, was a marvelous idea. But these smartwatches leave me wondering why anyone would want one. An AT&T salesman showed me how he could put different clock screens on his. I thought, why would I pay $200-300 for that? And...
Consumers don't mind paying more for an Apple tablet because they're comparing the cost to that of a laptop rather than to cheap tablets. And they're drawn to iPads, in part, because Apple supports them longer with iOS upgrades than Android makers do. People have enough sense to see a more long-lived product as the better investment. That's why the lack of support for iOS's Continuity features on the iPad 3 was such a stupid move, since its hardware can handle those...
Is Samsung's version going to work with their older tablets that have the proper hardware. I'm ticked off at Apple that my iPad 3 meets the hardware specs but doesn't have Continuity. I specifically got it for Bluetooth 4.0.
Will 30-40 million people buy what's likely to be an over-priced iWatch that'll soon be left in the dust by later, better, and less-expensive versions? Maybe. But if I worked at Apple, I wouldn't bet my career on that.
This is hilarious. What were those efforts intended to hide? Everyone and his brother knew that GT Advanced was making screens for iPhones. They might has well put up a sign at the entrance of the employee parking lot: "Proudly Making Screens for the Next iPhone." These code names weren't going to fool anyone and had nothing to do with the secret manufacturing processes involved. I once had a job that was so secret, when I wrote down radar parameters, I was required to...
I've not looked closely, but hopefully this isn't as bad as the redesign of iTunes. The latter is so dreadful, it's now a contender with the Skype app of a few years back as the "worst Mac app ever." I've got a lot of tools out in my garage that I use for working on my house or garage. They are absolutely marvelous. Every time I pick one up to use it, it's unchanged from the time before. That, I like. The tool does precisely what I bought it to do. It doesn't need to...
Apple needs to establish a prestige brand like Honda has with Acura and Toyota with Lexus. If they don't, the disgust a lot of us feel about this tacky, tasteless, overpriced junk will spill over into our attitude toward Apple products in general. Besides, people with more money than brains need a simple way to tell prestige products from the plebeian ones that work just as well and only cost a fraction as much. And no, I don't have any idea what that name should be....
I've still yet to see what I want%u2014one I can put on my ankle that'll vibrate when I call comes in or an alarm goes off. It'd be great for places that hate cell phone ringing and for couples where one must get up early. It wouldn't have to cost much and the battery would last for weeks%u2014unlike these smartwatches.
Hackers of the world%u2014the dastardly kind%u2014take note. There's money in this, lots of money. Keyless, Bluetoothed cars can be broken into. Can hotel rooms be far behind? Probably not. At least, with all that computerization, you'll know precisely when you were burglarized. That'll be a small comfort.