or Connect

Posts by Inkling

"TBWA\Media Arts Lab, which dreamed up iconic campaigns like the "Think Different" series." Oh, yes, I remember that one. If included the Tibetan Dalai Lama except in Hong Kong, where the Chinese government would have gotten upset. Perhaps that message should have been amended to: "Be different except where it takes courage and humanity." Or, as an Apple spokeswoman put it: ''The Dalai Lama really stands for our message in the United States. 'But in China, he may not get...
This app has been jinxed from the start. Fortunately, I can still use the iTunes app to listen to podcasts. Just set up a playlist and drag all them into it. I can even put them in an order I like. Sync iTunes on my Mac with my iPhone and all is hunky dory.
undefined
Apple's not being 'annoyingly quiet." Bono is being annoyingly boastful about what he does for fashionable causes or, to be more accurately, for being annoyingly demanding about what others ought to do. As another poster has noted, Bono demands that governments do more while using every trick he can to evade paying taxes on his huge fortune. The guy's a phony as a pink $1 bill.
It's quite clear why Microsoft must force this upgrade. I used to like Skype, but then came the UI changes just before Microsoft bought them. That made Skype into the worst--bar none--UI on the Mac. I quit using Skype. Others apparently stuck with those older versions instead, hence this need to force them to update. A better-run organization would give OS X and iOS versions a Mac-like UI rather that a Microsoft one.
If this graphics power is coming at the expense of battery life, and it almost certainly is, then perhaps it's time for Apple to introduce EL (for Extended Life) versions of its mobile devices for gamers. A bit of added thickness wouldn't be hard to engineer and that added space could perhaps double battery life. Also, this graphics power has other uses, particularly in medicine, engineering and the sciences. It'd be great if Apple's devices could make it though a long and...
I suspect Apple will keep the headphone jack for a couple of reasons. 1. If it dumped a headphone jack, it couldn't get away with just one Lightning jack. People would not be able to charge and use an iPhone's mike/earphone at the same time. 2. That means two Lightning jacks on every iPhone. But that would add to an iPhone's cost, anger users with earphones they like, and add no additional capability to iPhones. There is a slight possibility that Apple would come up...
Is that graphic right? Does Spotlight still given minor information like a file's creation date but not where it is? Crazy! When I search for a file, I may not want to open it. I want to find out where it is, so I can, for instance, move it somewhere else. That's the essence of a search. Yet I've not been able to find out how to do that in the current Spotlight and that's apparent not in the new version either. Apple seems to think we want to use Spotlight in lieu of...
Given how poor my AT&T coverage is in my neighborhood, much less inside my house, Apple should have devoted a lot more attention to the feature. It's most appealing AT&T, adding insult to injury, told me I would have to pay $200 for a microcell to make up for their failures and to do what T-Mobile is offering for free.
Do I detect a note of sarcasm there?