or Connect

Posts by Inkling

No, my fingers are not only big, they don't seem to conduct that well for even an iPhone. Tapping is iffy enough for me on my iPhone 5 screen. A tiny watch screen would be hopeless. That's why I think making devices tactilely aware and signaling with calibrated vibrations matters more than a watch replacement. Also, keep in mind that technology matures and stabilizes. The core hardware and UI of cars has changed little from the 1930s. Four wheels, a steering wheel and...
I got a bad feeling about those sales. When the iPhone came out, I'd been spending the previous two years looking for a cell phone that was useful for more than just calls. None were and most were junk. I suspect there were millions like me, hence the success of the iPhone. On the other hand, I'm not frustrated with what my watch does and doubt my experience is unique. If anything, the clocks in cell phones have led many to abandon watches altogether. I am excited,...
undefined
I'm not sure the iPad Pro makes sense as a laptop replacement. The costs, size, and weight are going to be similar to the Mac Air, and for computer-type tasks, a computer wins hands down. No, where the iPad Pro will shine is with those who're already using iPads for design and layout. They'll love the larger screen and perhaps more adaptable use of a stylus. What's one of the main problems with tablets that isn't getting attention? There's no convenient way to hold them....
Good news, particularly for those companies whose executives like to lecture the rest of us on ethics. I particularly like the fact that this new tax is actually higher than the usual corporate taxes. Countries also need to pass laws that create a different sort of Double Irish. Evade taxes that the rest of us pay and, when caught, corporations pay twice as much. Unlike most people, Apple, Amazon, Google, Starbucks, and the rest can afford to pay lawyers and tax...
I can think of one marvelous way to use force touch with long scrolling lists: * Press down hard and the list auto-scrolls down fairly fast. * Press less hard and the scrolling become manual and works by dragging down (or up) on the track pad. * If a user is dragging up manually on the track pad, then pressing down hard shifts to auto-scrolling up quickly. That's quite intuitive and much more useful than many of the other uses I've seen.
Like I suspect many others, I like to have one keyboard design with the same feel on all my devices. Right now my Mac mini, MacBook, and iPad all use keyboards with the same Apple design. If I switch, I'd want to switch them all. Anyone know what are the chances that Apple will bring out a new standalone USB or Bluetooth keyboard with this new design, perhaps in combination with the new trackpad? The latter would be great for those who regularly shift between a desktop...
Downing loading app updates inside iTunes just worked for me. The problem is either spotty or being fixed.
Will Apple do the same of OS X? Let's hope so.
Egads! Either that guy has a skinny arm or the Apple phone is even larger than I thought. I would agree with another poster. Don't buy one without trying it on first.