or Connect

Posts by Inkling

What I look forward to most with Mavericks is a feature that disables videos that aren't the focus of a user's attention. Hopefully, that means those annoying ads that run beside stories will be frozen and silent.Yeah!
Oh, I don't know about this. A lot of young adults I know have abandoned watches and just use their phone. Apple is going to have to sell them on watches before it sells them iWatches. They may take a pass, particularly if iWatches are regarded as nerdy. The watch-wearing among us have other issues. As a member of an older generation, I'd add that the last thing I want to fuss with it another gadget to deal with each day. And yes, an iWatch is replacing that watch I do...
Quote: %u201CAnd it was not an easy explanation," said Phil Kearney, a former Apple engineer. "Most of the designers are artists. The last science class they took was in eighth grade. But they have a lot of power at Apple. So they ask, %u2018Why can%u2019t we just make a little seam for the radio waves to escape through?%u2019 And you have to explain to them why you just can%u2019t.%u201D At last someone has stated clearly what I've long suspected, that some of Apple's...
This article leaves me wondering if it might be possible to put an A7 chip into the next generation of MBAs and get a battery life in excess of twenty hours. That would burn the competition socks off.
Obama's comparison is a bit like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes. iOS 7 has a few glitches that'll quickly be fixed. Several of the mandated deadlines for Obamacare have already been put off for a year and much of the software is likely to be buggy for many years, that is if it ever works. And with all the various governmental databases not talking to one another, its going to be riddled with fraud. What should have been done was what was done with welfare reform. Allow...
To ask a most obvious question, what's happening to all the iPhones they're buying. Are they selling them overseas? Can you get the here in the U.S.? I see lots of buying stories. It'd be great to see one on selling.
I've got Dropbox 2.0.22 and it won't upgrade to 2.4 until some unknown date when Dropbox choses to do so. If I take the download-it-myself route, then I have to de-install and reinstall. Why can't Dropbox be like everyone else and let us update without so much bother and fuss?
Quote: "...and the iPhone serves as an ideal, low cost gateway to Cupertino's other products." You're joking aren't you? You can't be serious. Apple admits to high profit margins on its iPhones and apparently those profits are even higher on the latest two models. Someone may pay less for an iPhone than a MacBook Pro, but they also get less. Also, the article should have compared the new prices (translated into dollars) with U.S. prices. Products are often overpriced in...
Quote: "A report by the Wall Street Journal said Delta estimates it will save $13 million in fuel costs by moving to EFBs, so delaying the transition from paper by two years for the Surface 2 could cost the airline $20 million or more, far more than the roughly $5.5 million the tablets would actually cost." Add in at least another $13 million when the Surface drops off the market and Delta has to spend a year or so retooling for iPads. Time lost to the competition: 3...
The fact that Apple is replacing what Steve Jobs aptly sneered at as a maker of "sugar water" ought to make clear that being at the top of this list matters little. It's a bit like being a celebrity, meaning someone famous for being famous.