or Connect

Posts by Inkling

Quote: "But if sales of the iPhone 5c are too low, it could be a sign that the smartphone market is largely saturated." It could also be an indication that the 5c is simply overpriced, particularly since its primary competitor is a used iPhone 5, perhaps picked up from a friend who's upgraded to a 5s. And that iPhone 5, if it has been treated well, will look much better.
Given that I'm having trouble deciding between 11" and 13", a 12" sounds great particularly with a high-res display.
The low sales are hardly surprising. When the 5c was announced, I wondered why anyone other than color-conscious teen girls would buy it. It's too little for too much, particularly in comparison to the powerful and handsome 5s. If Apple sold the 5c for $350-400, unlocked with no contract required, it'd go like hotcakes to those on budgets, particularly students who later move up to Apple's top model. As is, it's going to be an embarrassingly failure for Apple.
Quote: " "It's like finishing the back of a drawer. Nobody's going to see it, but you do it anyway." You might do that you're a carpenter for very rich people. Personally, I'd rather have a carpenter who doesn't finish what's not seen and charges less. That frees up money to spend on things that do matter, including things that can be seen. I was up in my attic yesterday, Nothing up there is finished It's all bare rafters, unpainted wood, and blow-in insulation. But it...
Apple will probably get some very talented people out of this. When a company starts down, the best people tend to be the most eager to leave. They're the ones who have the best chance of finding new jobs. This remark practically begs for a comment: "I'm not sure how much success they'll have convincing engineers to move to the US though. While Canadians generally have no problems with Americans, the current government fiasco over healthcare and the polarized politics...
The headline is, like many others, a lie. The article closes by noting that much of the data comes from households earning over $104,000 a year and some that only reached down to $54,000. These aren't teens. These are teens with well-off parents. Life seems to be getting harder for most teens and their parents. When I was in high school (the 1960s), having rich parents only meant wearing a bit more stylish clothes and perhaps driving to school in a hand-me-down...
I hope Agile sees this new version as a work-progress. For reasons I don't quite understand, the main page "Categories" listing includes items like Passports and Driver Licenses. Hey, how many of us have two passports or even two driver's licenses? Maybe some categories need to default to not being listed. Listed with Logins (270 of theme) they clutter and confuse.
What I look forward to most with Mavericks is a feature that disables videos that aren't the focus of a user's attention. Hopefully, that means those annoying ads that run beside stories will be frozen and silent.Yeah!
Oh, I don't know about this. A lot of young adults I know have abandoned watches and just use their phone. Apple is going to have to sell them on watches before it sells them iWatches. They may take a pass, particularly if iWatches are regarded as nerdy. The watch-wearing among us have other issues. As a member of an older generation, I'd add that the last thing I want to fuss with it another gadget to deal with each day. And yes, an iWatch is replacing that watch I do...
Quote: %u201CAnd it was not an easy explanation," said Phil Kearney, a former Apple engineer. "Most of the designers are artists. The last science class they took was in eighth grade. But they have a lot of power at Apple. So they ask, %u2018Why can%u2019t we just make a little seam for the radio waves to escape through?%u2019 And you have to explain to them why you just can%u2019t.%u201D At last someone has stated clearly what I've long suspected, that some of Apple's...