or Connect

Posts by Inkling

I'd be a bit more impressed if these news stories didn't claim that Foxconn would be building these factories. That leaves the real executive and technical expertise off-shore, with Americans--and very few of them in automated factories--merely providing the labor.
The Democrats strike again. They won't be happy until they can turn their Great Recession into a Great Depression. Liberal Democrats were never happier than under FDR. And there's no question that's what's happening. The three state in the worst economic shape--California, Illinois and New York, are heavily Democratic. And Detroit, perhaps the worst major city in the country, hasn't elected anyone but liberal Democrats in half a century. Keep in mind another factor for...
Los Angeles or Detroit for factories! Are these people crazy? There's are reasons why both cities have high unemployment rates. They have high taxes, hideous regulations, corrupt governments, and almost no work ethic, not to mention horrible rates of drug addiction and crime. Foxconn needs to take note what Asian automakers are doing. They're locating in the Southeastern United States where there's a solid Scot-Irish work ethic, a low cost of living, and friendly,...
I'd love to hear Apple Insider or someone with the technical skills commenting on whether it makes sense of Apple to add a Lightning port to Mac laptops. For charging, it makes no sense. But it might make sense for peripherals such as audio/music/photography accessories and audio/video in/out devices to work with both iPads and MacBook Airs. Apple would get more sales. We'd get double value for what we buy.
This upgrade may save me money. Non-upgradable RAM removes one of my key reasons for getting a MacBook Pro over a MacBook Air.
Apple could make Maps in iOS 6 much better if they made it possible for iPhones to share GPS data with non-GPS-equipped iPads via Bluetooth.
Apple Insider apparently did not do sufficient research for this article. The transcript of juror questions is available and was among the evidence Samsung cited. There's no mention of ten years. He was asked if he'd "ever" be involved in such a dispute. Also note that Samsung is Seagate's largest stockholder. So this juror, with an obvious axe to grind against Seagate/Samsung, lied to the court to conceal that fact. He's now been caught lying again by claiming a ten year...
Why do rich people like to send gifts to other rich people, often having their corporation pay?
Here's what seems to have not been posted previously due to some glitch.   Most likely this is for at least part of their MacBook line, with the key question whether they'll add it first to the high-end MacBook Pros, where the most profits are, or to the MacBook Airs, where light weight is a prime selling point.   I've never been a fan of aluminum cases since they muck up WiFi coverage. I also live with a tight writer's budget, so upgrading my perfectly...
The most obvious failing of the new connector are those exposed connections. The chip, which is connected to the power circuit, could provide current-limiting protection in case of a short circuit. If that's all it is, it won't be that hard to copy. And if that's what it is, using clones without that feature could result in problems.