or Connect

Posts by Inkling

Hilarious! Look at that line of people waiting for their first chance to get an Apple Watch. Wow, there must be at least thirty people in line. I've seen many times that waiting in line when all Apple was doing was opening a new store and giving away free t-shirts. That leaves me wondering if CNBC is more in touch than AppleInsider. Smartwatches are a technology whose time hasn't come. Can you really cram enough user input and output into a small watch face to make the...
All the poor black kids growing up in impoverished, fatherless homes. All the young black men slaughtering each other on the streets of cities such as Detroit. There's also the readful inner city schools and liberals who fight to keep the poor from having the same choices as they have. And yet what gets Apple all hot and bothered. A flag in a game about a long-ago war. Apple's hypocrisy is sickening.
Quote: "Perhaps more significantly the new director will be responsible for crafting letters, position papers, and testimony with the goal of persuading lawmakers and regulators to adopt policies friendly to Apple's business practices and profits." In other words, Apple is looking for someone to help create new loopholes like those it and a host of other giant corporations used to evade EU taxes%u2014taxes that struggling little corner groceries could not afford to...
Toss out the Confederate battle flag, and there's a heck of other material that has to go from the app store, often for much more serious reasons. 1. Any game with Nazi or Communist flags and symbols. They enslaved and killed millions of people. As a good German might say, "Wegzuwerfen!"%u2014*Throw them out." 2. All shooting apps must go. Apple's already in the process of shooting games not to have guns for icons. That's ridiculous. If shooting games are bad, it's...
Poor, pitiful Apple. The company yanks a Civil War game merely because it contains the flags of both belligerents. Yet it continues to sell a film that glories slavery. Even worse, the iTunes Store doesn't have the decency to include a trigger warning. It calls this lavishly done pro-slavery propaganda, a film that "defines the classic Old Hollywood epic. Classic racism would be more accurate. I am referring, of course to this...
You're probably right. This is probably more some company trying to influence Apple than vice-versa.   Apple has done a marvelous job innovating their iPhones. That's why their sales are soaring. In contrast, they've innovated poorly with their iPads. My iPad 3 doesn't lack anything that would make me buy a new model. Others feel the same, which is why iPad sales lag.   But I fear that Apple will run out of genuinely new and good ideas for iPhones and turn to gimmicks...
Why on earth would I%u2014or anyone with sense%u2014want a "flexible iPhone"? Like a couple of flip phones I had, that flexibility hurts reliability. I hope this isn't more of Ive's artistic silliness like thinness.
Ah great, now maybe we'll have a Bluetooth protocol specifically designed for transmitting GPS data from a GPS-equipped device such as an iPhone to an unequipped ones such as most iPads. That'd make location-aware features more valuable.
I've often wondered why Apple and others don't take advantage of powerful digital TV signals. They're strongest in big cities where GPS often fails. GPS signals come directly downward from satellites and are typically blocked by a building's upper floors. TV signals come horizontally and thus penetrate through windows and walls. Where one is strong, the other is weak and vice-versa. Together, they should reach almost everywhere.
Those who think this troll shouldn't be forced to pay simply because Apple has so much money should think again. 1. Trolls make no such distinction between rich and poor. In fact, they make quite a bit of money from smaller companies who can't afford to fight them. If paying off Apple will weaken or destroy this company, all the better. They won't be able to bully little companies. 2. Some of these trolls incorporated in ways that leave them with very few assets to grab...