or Connect

Posts by Inkling

Don't listen to him. Keep telling yourself, "I want that bigger screen. I've got to have that bigger screen. My life will be incomplete without that bigger screen." Then sell your iPhone 5 or 5s, so I can afford to get one used. My writer's budget can afford new with a contract. More seriously, What you describe suggests that Apple's making a mistake only keeping grandfathered versions with a smaller screen around. If your average guy hands have trouble with the iPhone 6,...
I love my current-edition Mac mini, but I do wish Apple will refresh it more ways than the CPU. * Larger, with more rugged full-sized rather than laptop drives would be great. There's lots of room under my desk. It doesn't need to be small. * So would the same set of new ports that Apple is likely to be adding to their laptops in 2015. Without that, it will soon be outdated. And lots of ports. You almost can't have too many of them. * I'm so spoiled by having mine drive...
There's something pitifully sad about a lost iPhone, in its last act before giving up its life and shutting down, sending about its last location in a "Please find me. I'm here" message. Oh, poor little iPhone.
If you look for the Health app on your iPad, you won't find it. For reasons that defy good sense, the app won't install on iPads, new or old. That makes no sense. Many of those who could benefit from the Health apps see no reason to own an iPhone with their iPad does all they need. And hospital staff often use iPads rather than iPhones.
 I believe the New Ice Age scare peaked in the late seventies just after the resource depletion hysteria and a decade after the population bomb hysteria. These things keep coming along, one after the other. None are ever true. Almost all have covert political agendas. I believe the New Ice Age was driven by a decade or two of cooling much like our more recently Global Warming hysteria. The key factor is some simplistic fact to dupe journalists, not that fooling them is...
Oh, it's quite easy to be optimistic about climate change. The shift of terms from a hysterical "global warming" to a more benign "climate change" hints that the latter ended some seventeen years ago. We've now had more recent years with flat temperatures than rising ones. The only credible risk is that sun seems to be hinting we might be entering another period like the prolonged sunspot minimum called the Maunder Minimum...
This is a most strange article. It mentions Apple's roll-out but not the troubles it had. The actual feed was a crazy mixture of color bars, Chinese translation, and prior video.
Can publishers bundle ebooks on the iBookstore? In the past, there's been no way to sell a reflowable version of a book (for iPhones) and a fixed-format version for iPads together at one price. Customers had to buy both separately even though the content was the same. Bundles of ebooks would also let authors sell their entire series in one package.
My 3GS won't run iOS 8. I hope there will be a version for my iPad.
There must be a reason Apple is discounting their laptops so heavily. The change may not come until 2015, but look for major improvements in both the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air, improvements that may have many hitting their forehead and asking, "Why didn't I wait?" Other than Retina for the MBA and a better battery life due to the new chips, I'm not sure what those changes will be. One must-have is a compact power supply like the Kickstarter Dart. It's ridiculous to...