or Connect

Posts by Inkling

Great national parks would make a good naming convention now that great cat names are almost exhausted. But I hope they'll include parks outside California. Nothing on the planet comes close to Yellowstone.
undefined
Not a good move. Toyota's exit after almost 60 years in California is an indication of what's to come. Apple needs to get more geographically diverse and learn to operate across thousands of miles. Why? California has been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for years. As matters get worse, it'll target companies with deep pockets, particular high-tech. Companies that have most of the corporate eggs in a California basket will be in deep trouble.
undefined
Given that most developers weren't able to get seats and some can't afford the airfare, Apple really should consider hosting satellite conferences in other cities.
undefined
It's not the pity that matters. It's the reality. It's a younger generation growing either without jobs because of a morbid economy (Spain & Greece) or stuck in dead-end jobs because employers find it almost impossible to weed out the lazy and talentless (France). That exists here too. I saw it when I worked for Boeing. But the scale is far greater and the roots run much deeper.   And of course this country under the Democrats are lurching down the same path. I recently...
Pity the Europeans. They'd created a vast body of laws and bureaucracies that regard the average citizen as a stupid child in need of an overbearing nanny. It's good that laws don't cover every possible gotcha. it keeps us paying attention to what we buy. The sad thing is that all too many Europeans agree. The result are societies that are increasingly adverse to risk taking and innovation. Dying businesses get subsidized. Lazy workers can't be fired. And that folly is...
undefined
Quote: "Because Creative Cloud applications require users to be online to verify their subscription, subscribers who already have the software installed may be able to work around the authentication problems by taking their computer offline before opening the applications." What idiot wrote that? You don't need to to take your computer offline. Online or offline, the apps run fine whether or not Adobe CC is there. I'm running InDesign and Photoshop right now. According to...