or Connect

Posts by Inkling

Obama's comparison is a bit like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes. iOS 7 has a few glitches that'll quickly be fixed. Several of the mandated deadlines for Obamacare have already been put off for a year and much of the software is likely to be buggy for many years, that is if it ever works. And with all the various governmental databases not talking to one another, its going to be riddled with fraud. What should have been done was what was done with welfare reform. Allow...
To ask a most obvious question, what's happening to all the iPhones they're buying. Are they selling them overseas? Can you get the here in the U.S.? I see lots of buying stories. It'd be great to see one on selling.
I've got Dropbox 2.0.22 and it won't upgrade to 2.4 until some unknown date when Dropbox choses to do so. If I take the download-it-myself route, then I have to de-install and reinstall. Why can't Dropbox be like everyone else and let us update without so much bother and fuss?
Quote: "...and the iPhone serves as an ideal, low cost gateway to Cupertino's other products." You're joking aren't you? You can't be serious. Apple admits to high profit margins on its iPhones and apparently those profits are even higher on the latest two models. Someone may pay less for an iPhone than a MacBook Pro, but they also get less. Also, the article should have compared the new prices (translated into dollars) with U.S. prices. Products are often overpriced in...
Quote: "A report by the Wall Street Journal said Delta estimates it will save $13 million in fuel costs by moving to EFBs, so delaying the transition from paper by two years for the Surface 2 could cost the airline $20 million or more, far more than the roughly $5.5 million the tablets would actually cost." Add in at least another $13 million when the Surface drops off the market and Delta has to spend a year or so retooling for iPads. Time lost to the competition: 3...
The fact that Apple is replacing what Steve Jobs aptly sneered at as a maker of "sugar water" ought to make clear that being at the top of this list matters little. It's a bit like being a celebrity, meaning someone famous for being famous.
Yes, images in iBookstore ebooks can now be up to 3.2 meg in size. They actually slipped in the change a few weeks ago. This just makes it official. That's great. But the last time I checked, images in Kindle ebooks still have to be under a pitiful 127K, which only 4% as large. My latest book is about caring for children with cancer. Each chapter open with a photo, typically a stock photo of a hospitalized child to get across that the children I'm writing about are real...
If these students can't carry their iPads home, what's the point? And blocking YouTube is crazy. It's not all kitties in paper sacks. There are tons of great National Geographic and History Channel documentaries there. --Michael W. Perry, My Nights with Leukemia: Caring for Children with Cancer
Sad to say, Apple's employees make too much money to understand the lives of most Americans. For them an iMac is a throwaway. For them, you and I with our need to budget money, to fix and to upgrade, don't exist. I've got an old iMac I'd like to give to a nephew, but I hate to do so with a DVD stuck in the drive and getting it out is a big hassle. It's why I replaced it with a Mac mini and regard most people who buy iMacs as fools asking for trouble. A repairability of 2...
I have trouble imagine Microsoft selling those used iPhones on the market. That'd simply add to Apple's marketshare. Now might be a good time to start checking the dumpsters behind Microsoft's stores.