or Connect

Posts by Inkling

I'm not sure the iPad Pro makes sense as a laptop replacement. The costs, size, and weight are going to be similar to the Mac Air, and for computer-type tasks, a computer wins hands down. No, where the iPad Pro will shine is with those who're already using iPads for design and layout. They'll love the larger screen and perhaps more adaptable use of a stylus. What's one of the main problems with tablets that isn't getting attention? There's no convenient way to hold them....
Good news, particularly for those companies whose executives like to lecture the rest of us on ethics. I particularly like the fact that this new tax is actually higher than the usual corporate taxes. Countries also need to pass laws that create a different sort of Double Irish. Evade taxes that the rest of us pay and, when caught, corporations pay twice as much. Unlike most people, Apple, Amazon, Google, Starbucks, and the rest can afford to pay lawyers and tax...
I can think of one marvelous way to use force touch with long scrolling lists: * Press down hard and the list auto-scrolls down fairly fast. * Press less hard and the scrolling become manual and works by dragging down (or up) on the track pad. * If a user is dragging up manually on the track pad, then pressing down hard shifts to auto-scrolling up quickly. That's quite intuitive and much more useful than many of the other uses I've seen.
Like I suspect many others, I like to have one keyboard design with the same feel on all my devices. Right now my Mac mini, MacBook, and iPad all use keyboards with the same Apple design. If I switch, I'd want to switch them all. Anyone know what are the chances that Apple will bring out a new standalone USB or Bluetooth keyboard with this new design, perhaps in combination with the new trackpad? The latter would be great for those who regularly shift between a desktop...
Downing loading app updates inside iTunes just worked for me. The problem is either spotty or being fixed.
Will Apple do the same of OS X? Let's hope so.
Egads! Either that guy has a skinny arm or the Apple phone is even larger than I thought. I would agree with another poster. Don't buy one without trying it on first.
I'd be more interested in HomeKit is it really were smart. What I've heard described is more like convenient, i.e.   1. Turn on your heating/cooling on the way home. 2. Have your heating/cooling adapt to your schedule automatically.   Years ago, I worked in energy management that really was smart, tailoring heating and cooling to save energy. An even smarter version of that would interest me. It'd:   1. Turn on ventilation fans to cool my interior at night during...
Just because I'm not interested in games, TV shows or watching that many movies doesn't mean I'm not into digital content. I like writing and reading, hence my Mac mini and iPad. I like podcast and audiobooks, hence my iPhone. I just can't come up with what I'd do with an Apple TV attached to my oft-ignored TV set.   So  yes, I like the Apple TV price, but what would I get in return that'd justify even that modest price. I have about as much use for an Apple TV as I...
Given the reasonable price, I've been considering get an Apple TV when the new model comes out%u2014assuming it has the new features described in this article. After all, I need something attached to my den TV other than a DVD player, something that keeps it from sitting idle for weeks on end. But I keep running into a wall labeled "Why?" What would an Apple TV do that my Mac and iPad won't do? I'm not into games. I gave up on TV as a total bore about two years ago. I...