or Connect

Posts by Inkling

Nothing that interests me worth $349. I would love a simple $19.99 device that only sensed motion (while sleeping or jogging) and vibrated to alarm either to wake up or to signal a phone call. The last would be great in places where a ring creates problems.
Don't targeted attacks require numerous repeated tries, with everyone and everything in their life being tried as a password? Apple should have at least caught and flagged those repeated attempts.
This isn't just for app developers. Those who're publishing through the iBookstore will find these changes apply to their iTunes Connect account too. One bit of good news. Apple has finally clarified on their resources page when users should download iTunes Connect (for OS X 10.6 and later) or 3.1 (apparently only 10.9 and later). Version 3.0 was so dreadful, even under 10.9, it would crash on my Mac mini after just entering two fields of data. I do have one gripe. I...
Sounds like there might be more going public than yet-another iPhone and an iWatch. If I were to guess, that structure is for a host of vendors who have new hardware or software for the health and sport features Apple will be pushing. They'd want ample 'hands on' space, so Apple is providing it for them. If so, Apple will probably leak or go public with that in advance to attract a wider-than-usual audience. Mac media might want to be ready with fitness and medical...
Apple's designers seem to be confusing laptops with bread knives. I could care less about a thinner MacBook Air. In a case, it'll be protected by the same necessarily thick layers of foam as my current MacBook, and thus just as bulky. On a desk, a small difference in thickness matters not. I'm not writing while locked like Houdini in a suitcase barely larger than I am. The universe is huge. I have lots of room. I remember well how this absurd obsession with thinness...
I'm just the person Apple should be reaching. I've got older models of virtually every member in Apple's family of products. Only one, my Mac mini, is a current model. My MacBook is seven years old and two versions of OS X back. Why don't I upgrade? Better to ask, "Why I should upgrade?" Much of what Apple sells isn't that different from what it was selling two years ago, with the MacBook Air being a prime example. That leaves me with the feeling that, if I buy now, in a...
There's a good principle: "Never ascribe to a conspiracy what can be explained equally well by stupidity." The fact that this ill-prepared and too-fast move to iPads was formulated by school district officials strongly suggests that stupidity rather than "close ties with Apple" was the cause. Replacing their iPad scheme with allowing "high schools to choose from six different Windows and Chromebook laptops instead" is merely continuing that stupidity. And if a conspiracy...
The iPhone adapter is already light and compact. Let's hope Apple is replacing that dreadfully heavy white brick that ships with the feather-light MacBook Air. Apple should make this standard with the next model: http://finsix.com/dart/
 That alone is enough reason leave Quicken alone. Support a company more willing to support Macs. By the way, I am most emphatically not a detail-oriented person when it comes to finance. I'm looking for a well-done, cloud-based banking system. The bank maintains all the tracking but does so better than any online account I've seen so far. What I want is an online bank account that: 1. Sends me an email for each transaction. Spots fraud. 2. Has apps and a website that lets...
I doubt these are "automotive model years." Intuit's big hat is in banking rather than cars. Intuit is playing a marketing game that's a bit deceptive. Date software a year ahead, and to the more naive consumers it won't seem to age as fast. Someone who might buy this same software in early 2016, a year and a half from now, will think they're getting a up-to-date product. They won't.   Personally, I wonder if Intuit has a grudge against Apple or if they're just stupid....