or Connect

Posts by Inkling

I hope Apple doesn't make their new model line too complicated. I'm still using an ancient white MacBook for on the go because none of their current models quite fit what I want. * 11" MBA. I like the size, but the screen is too pixelated. * 13" MBA. The screen is OK, but the RAM is soldered in and the cost of more RAM is grossly inflated. * 13" MBP. OK and I like being able to add my own RAM, but the MBP with R is only $100 more. * 13" MBP with R. Fine features, but...
Network neutrality might be the pretense, but the real reason Apple may face troubles is likely to lie elsewhere. There seems to be a cozy and well-established 'relationship' between the DOJ and Amazon, aka crony capitalism Chicago-style. A few years back, Amazon owned 90% of the ebook market and was selling ebooks below cost to destroy what feeble competition remained. Apple, with some assistance from major books publishers, was entering the market and about to give...
Blunders like these happen all the time on television. The NY Times will probably settle accounts by running the ad at another time and in a more appropriate location for free.
For those of us with iPhones, the real issue isn't whether the battery assembly is automated. It's just how hard the manual battery replacement will be. Are this busy little robots smearing lots of ticky-tacky on these batteries as they install them or are the batteries snapped in and easily replaced? As Apple adds more services that earn subscription money from those who use its products (i.e. streaming music and TV), it becomes more and more important for Apple to keep...
No, all I'm saying is that people must only patent a particular and workable solution to a problem. That's what patents were in the past.    Today's patent schema lets them patent an problem by simply waving their arms about and saying that, "Something I plan to do in the future will solve this problem." It also unfairly favors those who file first, even if, when they file, they haven't got a clue as to what the solution is.   The present scheme favors large...
How typical of today's patent applications. There's much mention of self-evident, beneficial results that should never be patentable coupled with mere arm-waving about how it would be done. Saying it'll be done with software says nothing. We need to go back to how patents used to be issued. You had to bring in a working model and what you patented only covered how that particular device worked. You could not patent merely the idea of lighting a room with electricity. You...
Jesse Jackson has a well-established reputation as a shake-down artist with PUSH in Chicago. There, he's not only demanded that businesses hire more blacks, he often has a list of friends seeking well-paying executive positions. It the racial equivalent of Chicago-machine's classic pay to play. On the other hand, it's hard to feel much sympathy for a company that leans politically left and whose employees put a lot of money in the Obama basket in 2008 and 2012. If you...
Apple declining with its best days in the past? Yeah, I remember a lot of people saying that in the mid-nineties. I have my beefs with Apple, but they're about specifics and not the broad picture.
undefined
Jobs was smart. HDTV's are not only commodities, there's nothing about them needs the Apple touch. Where Apple might shine is in a box that connects to them and provides the content. There, Apple can shine and leverage its other investments. Notice too that Apple hasn't payed much interest in computer displays in years. Nothing there either. Do what you do well. Leave the rest too others.