or Connect

Posts by Inkling

I wondered why the price of used 15" MacBook Pros on Craigslist seemed to have dropped quite a bit in recent months. This is apparently why. Some people simply must own the latest and greatest.
This customer doesn't "love" any iMac. I owned one and learned to loathe it. I'm one of the creative professionals that used to be important to Apple. I live in a small college town far from any Apple store. Fixing a broken Mac though a local third-party, they tell me, will take about a week because they can't keep parts in inventory. I can't afford to be not working for that long. For those in my line of work, the all-in-one design of the iMac is a disaster waiting to...
Judging by the trailer, there's a lot of Jobs' ego on display. It'll probably be another portrayal of Jobs that the executives at Apple dislike.
You're right, an  iSat Phone (to give it a name) using the Iridium system would we an interesting addition to Apple's product line. It'd offer voice and data coverage anywhere in the world, although in most situations users would need a good view of the sky. The satellites talk to one another, which means coverage independent of most ground systems.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium_satellite_constellation   I'm just not sure the market would be large enough for...
Many thanks to those at Apple who keep coming up with these amazing improvements to iPhones. The rush to buy this new iPhone 6s means that, on my mere writer's budget, I'll be able to buy an iPhone 6 a bit sooner. That said, I'm so delighted by my second-hand iPhone 5 inside its sturdy Otter case, that I have trouble imagining myself replacing it. Two thumbs down, though, for castrating the Mac mini and turning it into little more that an overgrown Apple TV. As a writer,...
Hey, getting any of a string of horrid diseases are better for you than Obamacare. Doctors and hospitals can cure those diseases, but if you don't have the proper political connections, Obamacare will consign you to a doctor and a hospital that may do use more harm than good. I support Obamacare, but only for those who want to impose it on others. And notice, I didn't say "Just for those who want it." A host of those who support Obamacare, including congressional...
I hope these problems aren't in part because Apple, with its huge market share, was squeezing Sharp for below-cost prices. In the 1990s, I had a friend who hated what Boeing was doing to her parts-procurment job. She was having to call suppliers who sold to almost no one but Boeing and tell them that what Boeing would be paying them for parts was being radically cut. My own suspicions is that that penny pinching is one reason why Boeing had so many problems with the 787....
It's a fascinating device, particularly for outdoor sports. But alas, its focus on one wearer confirms my suspicion that our era will become known as the Selfie Generation.
Fines like these have been going on for years and obviously aren't effective. Prison time for some cell-company top executives would send a more powerful message.
Thinner would also mean lighter and, given the size of this one, it could easily end up a bit too heavy to hold in one hand for an extended time much like my iPad 3. Every gram Apple can save would be a plus. I just hope they don't go nutty over thin like they do with other products. Most users are likely to put it in a case that'd negate that thinness anyway.