or Connect

Posts by ksec

On BBC they site it will still be significantly cheaper then DRAM. Let just say it will be half the price..... ( I think significantly means even lower, but i assume 2x cheaper for now. )   DRAM is trading to $2.5 per 4 Gb (512MB), going as low as $2. 3D Xpoint could be $2.5 per 8 Gb ( 1GB ), a 30GB would cost $75, and retailing for $150 or $200. For something as revolutionary as this, it isn't expensive at all.   But before we get ahead of ourselves, this essentially...
It is all about the price and scale.  iPhone is likely to be the Top 3 ( if not No.1 ) best selling model in the industry. While others like Samsung could have Notes, Sx, Edge, etc ( Each with 2 different internal config for different region ), and many other lower end model to outsell Apple by Numbers. Apple make and mostly sell 2 Model. The 6 and 6 Plus.    That is why you can no longer always put in the latest and greatest inside the iPhone. Because most of these...
 Yes to a certain extend. But when Apple has a baseline of traffic, it make sense to have their own CDN as well. And they should have started their own CDN long time ago. With all the traffics from App Store, iTunes, PodCast, as well as their Events. If they had started this two / three years ago they should have a well designed CDN by now. And BTW Media CDN is not that complex anyway, fast / low latency CDN is another story.  They also have other CDN to offload to. So it...
  magicJack app is a US Centric thing.
This has been available for a long time in the M2M market. And they have finally decide to adopt it in consumer space. With Internet of things coming, they are finally forced to do it. You dont want to install a sim card on a car, your Laptop, or any other potential 4G / 5G devices.   And if you are wondering what benefits it brings, one less slot, less internal space wasted, easier water proof,   One thing i hope is that Apple will force Apple Sim this year in the...
I am wondering with WiFi Calling, a would a 4G iPad + iPod Touch replaces an iPhone?
 Not exactly, as Chris Lattner pointed out the App Slimming and Bitcode are already Architecture specific. You can get the App to be fully optimized for future Apple ARM SoC with new instruction without optimization and resubmition, but you cant get the same App to run in different architecture like MIPS. And App thinning & bitcode isn't available on Mac App Store yet. For now is is more of an iOS devices thing. 
Why is it Apple continue to lease property? I hope someday when the price falls again they could use their cash and just buy them outright.
 I agree Apple wants to get rid of Mac Mini. But they are not in a hurry, so it will properly get its last update as Skylake CPU.iMac is comparatively a decent value to Mac Mini, if we factor in the quality Display, Keyboard, Camera and SSD. But if we compare iMac entry level to its other competitor that it is much more expensive. The only way to get iMac into affordable range is to ditch Intel, that is the CPU and the Chipset and now possibly Thunderbolt with USB 3.1 and...
 The camera you named, the touch sensor, will be merge into the one thing. Which is why i said the screen has to be 500ppi because the screen will act as camera and hence replace the touch sensor in Touch ID. It will be like taking a photo of your fingerprint.  Of coz i am not aware of any tech that can actually do this yet. But Apple sometimes do do the unexpected. A more practical solution would be somehow the Force touch sensors could be used and be accurate enough to...