or Connect

Posts by ksec

I think it would be short sighted for Apple to release a Mac Pro based on Intel X86 and then decide to dump x86 on the MBA , MBP , iMac Range.  Yes, it is much more likely for Apple move to AMD then jumping to its own SoC. At least in the next few years as stop gap.You cant just scale the A8X SoC, rank up clock speed and call it a day thinking giving it a 25W TDP everything will immediately work fine. No.That is like saying Intel Atom is great why dont you just overclock...
And yet the latest news ( rumors ) is that Samsung 14nm has been delayed and yield wasn't as good as planned, and TSMC 16nm+ has moved forward by a quarter. You need a reliable partner to Fab SoC, and GF surely isn't in the reliable category, not now, not in 10nm. Samsung 14nm will bring ~1x% die shrink compared to TSMC 20nm. While TSMC 16nm+ is all about performance and power consumption.
Even though the performance of A8X comes with a bit of surprise, it is still quite far off compared to Intel Broadwell.   Next year 2015 will be 10 years since Apple announced to switch to Intel. ( If you think about it and the state of Apple were then, compared to what they are now.... ), and 2016 they started to ship Mac with Intel CPU.   I guess a better IPC, Quad Core with 16 cluster of PowerVR7 A9X should work out fine next year. 
Well the iPhone is packed with Far more design, tech and software. It is also arguably best in class on many catagories. Beats' Headphone? Apart form the brand, it doesnt produce sound that is any where near the $300 price tag. 
Great!. With CloudKit, iTunes, Music Streaming, Apple TV ( May or may not require its own Network ) iCloud. Apple needs to to get its hand on Server and Networking as well instead of relying on Oracle or other third party enterprise expensive hardware / software.
I dont have a problem with memory if they actually have a fast SSD. But they dont! With swap, HDD is going to be the biggest bottleneck.
There is a different between;   Spinning a (possibly) negative message with marketing speak to defense its company, ( Which Apple is really really good at )   and flat out lying.
Oh hell yes they are. The most advance SoC Node ( excluding Intel ) are coming from 20nm TSMC and Apple are using the majority of it. I still dont believe the Samsung A8 Story. Yes Apple can scale and make SoC in both Fabs. But it is not like the the manufacturing of SoC are the bottleneck of iPhone Production. Assuming even at 65% yield rate TSMC could produce at least 20M SoC for Apple per month. And I think with Apple's huge volume the yield should be better then that...
Looks like Johnny has a beer belly.
Where is this news coming from? Samsung has little 20nm production. Heck They dont even call their 20nm volume production. 40% of Apple A8 is a huge deal! Or has Samsung decide to leave 20nm just for Apple?