or Connect

Posts by ksec

It wouldn't make sense for Apple. But it would definitely be better for consumers. At least it will guarantee good enough supply for the first crazy week. Especially for China where iPhone demand are likely to outstrip supply for months following the launch. 
Why is Apple still keeping the Non Retina Macbook Pro? If people are complaining about entry iMac, this MBP is an even worst deal.
Hoping next year Retina MBA will move to at least 6GB Memory. ( 8GB will be great, but given the cost concern may be Apple wont do it. )
I think the delay of Intel Broadwell is making its impact now. And the previous leaks with Intel delaying to early 2015 instead of at the end of 2014.
 That is a lot. Do Apple actually pay that much? Compared to other tech company which only pays a single digit.
You are put off with an extra s typo? Battery capacity will be the talking point once the Samsung release their rumoured 6mm thin Galaxy Alpha.
This is worrying, there are phones out there which is as slim as the iPhone 6 ( if it is 7mm ) and offers even larger battery capacity. I know it depends on software etc... But purely on technical spec, this doesn't sounds good.
No need for proof. Samsung aren't making 20nm node. They skip it and went right to 16/14nm. I dont think 16/14nm Apple SoC next year is a done deal yet. The problem Samsung is ahead of TSMC this round, and Apple doesn't want to risk it IF TSMC could not get 16nm+ in time. Apple could be designing for both and see how things goes.
 Like what? It isn't the first time Intel, or heck Any one going to new nodes without problems. Most of the time, Intel manages to fix them before or during production of first batch. But this is for the first time Intel is doing 3 Nodes variation at once! Getting smaller node is hard, do 3 variation makes things even harder.Not to mention they are now trying to work things out custom manufacturing with other Fabless companies. I am not arguing 14nm nodes doesn't have...
It may very well be both 4 Core and around 2Ghz.   Just want to point out when we say more then 4 core we get diminishing return on desktop, this is actually 8 thread. Compared to ARM SoC which doesn't have SMT, 4 Core 4 Thread may actually make sense.   There are few more things Apple could improve to get higher IPC. And Peak frequency speed dont matter any more when it all depends on power and heat dissipation.   On the iPhone its peak may only be 1.5Ghz. Where the...