or Connect

Posts by ksec

The news would show there are certainly some hatred from within Apple towards google. And at least show how google betray apple story hold some ground. Although we may never know the truth.
64Bit ARM, Stacked DDR RAM, 12" iPad.   All these means Apple will be moving their iPad and iPhone from a Content Consuming Devices to a Content Producing Devices. And Replace most of the Jobs that Cheap Notebook / Netbook do.
Helped by new iMac and MBA. The current MBA is very capable. When Broadwell arrives with even better GPU and GPGPU capabilities it will be a even better deal. I do hope Apple consider 6 or 8 GB Memory though for MBA. 
The problem is how are the margin accounted for. From BOM cost Apple is making way more then 40%. Some of those belongs to R&D which will spread itself much more once you have a lower cost iPhone that makes up huge volume. However Apple dont need the low cost iPhone to get its volume. Account by model Apple is making the world most popular phone. It sells far more 5s then any other Android Model. Including the so call popular Galaxy S4, which actually have 2 design...
Again no point in comparing VP9 against H.265. Those are two very different thing. And the best encoder of H.265 is guarantee to beat VP9 hands down. That is why Google have VPx ( 10 ) in the pipeline. Which to me still wont beat H.265.
They should have accounted the total cost of CPU + Chipset. Which are all going to Intel. Combined together the Cost would be closer to 30% Vs 5% of iPad. Assuming A8 will be 20nm, which is very likely. A Quad Core 64Bit ARM running at 2Ghz will nailed bottom half of the Notebook Market.   
There are many implementation and spec of H.264 and the difference in quality are HUGE. The simplest implementation of H.264 could look even worst then the old xvid codec.   And if you compare vp9 against the best of H.264, x264 encoder. Most would agree x264 is still better in quality, and less prone to encoding error.    So, thx for the BS from Google. So much about doing no evil.
Do you think there are any chance for Apple to release a Mac Pro without the Pro Spec?   A Mac Pro shape with Core i7 Haswell and Geforce GFX instead of Xeon and Fire Pro.
Really want a Mac Pro without the Pro Spec, just i7 Haswell with desktop Graphics.
 Arh....... No wonder why. I have always thought the two look extremely similar.  Then Why AI decide to use a photo that has absolutely no relation to the article?