or Connect

Posts by ksec

Performance. It is still slow like we are still on PowerPC binary? Or does it feel more like an Native App?
IF Apple do make TV, what will they bring to the table that others haven't? Since it is the best interest to apple that people buys from Itunes, therefore they wouldn't want to add TV - recording to their appleTV? I always thought TV in living room idea is a little out of date. Nowadays nearly everyone have a TV in their own room. So how about small 24" TV for bedroom? But if you could do 24" TV for bedroom, why not a TV - Monitor Hydrid? Mac + TV Fusion?
Lets assume that is will be a hardware product transition. Since Apple sell hardware. And if it affect profit margin with a product transition then hardware is properly right. After this announcement a lot of rumors start flying around. Like Apple not using Intel Chipset, .. etc. Now we know a few fact. 1. Apple is not ditching Intel Chipset. Nvidia Chipset just dont cut it. As they wont have a license for Next Gen CPU with QPI connection. 2. Apple is not making...
Then would turn Intel into its enermy.I think if AMD and ATI is worth less then 4 Billion then Nvidia is only worth about 5 at most. Therefore i think Apple could buy it all up if Nvidia drop below 5 billion. And their Tegra would also make sense for iPhone as well.
Yeah i forgot i about that. 4x Series are nearly legacy free. So I suppose apart from the use of PowerVR i dont think there are any reason to make a chipset for themself.
Your post doesn't make much sense to me. So you are saying via making chipset for Apple?No, because via do not hold a liscense to do so.
Like Many said. If Apple were to make a special chipset then it would properly be a single chipset. There would be no Floppy port, no parallel port, no IDE Port, no Serial Port, or PCI lane. Simply just PCI- Express , SATA, USB, Firewire, FSB. It would be legacy free, but it wouldn't save much cost. Since the die area used by those are pretty small. It would use less pin, i guess they could have less PCI Express lane then industry standard. So they save cost with less...
Oh my god, i am so late to this news, and yet no one in the discussion has mention it yet! I have mention in another post about the possibility of apple building its own chipset as well. I am so happy for a rumor to surface on similar ideas. If it was really Graphics inside Intel chipset that makes apple unhappy then this should be it. Everyone seems to think about the P.A Semi buy out. But no P.A Semi is not the expert in Video Processing field, Apple is using other...
I think no one reply because we are not allowed to talk about it by forum rules.
I dont agree Celeron M has 3x performance of Atom. That is simply not true. Atom is about the same as Celeron M, only it has much lower power usage. But i agree with the Cortex A9. It has properly 10x the performance / watt then Atom. And that is with chip manufactures at one generation behind Atom, and less software optimization then x86. I have always thought PC are standing still. And Mobile devices are exploding. And as open source spend more time on optimizing...