or Connect

Posts by ksec

The fact is, HDD has a rather slow improvement curve compare to SSD. And there are A LOT more speed we could squeeze out of SSD. But currently, the only the top SSD are worth the investment. Lower End SSD are even slower then HDD. ( Although they will be out phased very soon ) There are still a lot of different areas for improvement. Such as software, protocol stack, controller chip. I hope by 2010 SSD will be mainstream.
No, it didn't get rid of registry. And no to all those technical problems. 64 Bit and 32 Bit isn't much of a problem. People who buy new Computer from Dell or HP will all come with 64Bit as Default for Windows 7. It isn't about what is technically good. Windows 7 has been running smooth, despite all the old problem described. And you can run all the old games and software. The major problem is, Are the current sales of Apple based on Apple 's Design of Mac. Or was it...
I suppose since SJ Hate noise, a Slient iMac makes sense. ( If that is even remotely possible at all )
Honestly, Windows 7 is good. Properly the Best Window that have ever been released. ( If beta is any indication and they dont mess it up in the end ) Installation was quick and surprisingly simple. Most hardware were detected straight after installation. Others ( 1 Devices ) were installed after Windows Update. A smooth experience compare to Vista. Installed Vista Codec Pack, The Perian on Windows. EVERY Video Files i had in my HDD plays perfectly inside WMP12 (...
Personally, i would like a slightly bigger screen, fast processor, more memory, better iPhone OS, and better reception and call quality iPhone.....
Yes, ARM does Out of Order, but it is slow, so i didn't take that into account at all. However, i simply forgot about Atom being 32 bit, so i now think next Mini wont use Atom. Which again put the hopes of a lower price Mac 's dream further away....
MCP i was referring to Geforce 9400M. The fact is that Apple could sell a Dual Core Atom with Geforce 9400M Mac Mini, with respectable performance at $399 while STILL making 30 - 50% profit margin. The problem with current mini is that they dont make much profit at all. Speaking of Atom, i dont see it hyped at all. ( May be @ Intel only ). It is certainly a lot slower then Core 2 Duo. And perform about the same as Banis ( 1st Gen Pentium M ) in current application...
Honestly, Imagination cost merely 200 milliion Dolloars. If Apple could spend that on PA Semi, why not Imagination? Anyway, PowerVR SGX is NOT backward compatible with PowerVR MBX. Hardware wise it is a completely new design, therefore it needs new driver development. And may be Apple is evaluating the possibilities of PowerVR on Desktop?
Finally Intel has allowed Nvidia to provide Geforce 9400 Chipset to be used with Atom. I think there is a very high chance for Apple to introduce the cheapest, or in apple 's tone, the most affordable mac gets even more affordable. And finally they could make a computer less then $500 dollars which is not a piece of junk. Dual Core Atom 1.8Ghz ( 4 Threads with Hyper Threading ) Gefore 9400M HDD or SSD.... ( I think 30GB SSD Makes more sense ) Although i...
1. In current state, Direct X 10.1 is properly a better and cleaner API then OpenGL 3.0. Before Direct X 9, version 6 - 8 were never that good compare to OpenGL. But OpenGL has fallen behind due to political reasons. 2. And really, we should be talking about Direct 3D here, Direct X is much more then a graphical API. We lack other part of API to make it competitive against Direct X. 3. So unless Steve Jobs suddenly decide to support Games, i dont see any magic happen...