or Connect

Posts by kdbilly

So I've found out the hard way that Snow Leopard does not support the same printers as Leopard did and now I'm stuck. I spent the better part of the day researching how to get my HP LaserJet 4m Plus to work with the new OS and got nowhere. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get the printer to work with the new OS? The printer may be old but it functions flawlessly and only has about 50,000 impressions made, so it still has lots of life. I have it hooked up via ethernet...
i have almost the same problem happening with mine, but mine is much older. it recently did this again but i can not get it to boot at all and it makes a sound like when tv channels used to off the air in the old days. does anyone have an idea what it is or should be done? thanks very much..
i just updated to v3.2 through the auto updater and it seems to have worked fine. never did figure out what the previous issue was though.
Yes, my apps are in the HD/App folder. I had already run the combo updater (MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.dmg) and tried to update Safari (Safari312UpdLeo.dmg). I ran the updater again and tried the Safari updater again and I have the exact same results. My system says v10.5.5 and Safari says v3.0.4. The error message says I cannot upgrade to Safari v3.1.2 because my system needs to be v10.5.2 or newer. I keep a clean and tight machine, so I have no idea what is going on. Any...
I cannot get Safari to update from v3.0.4 to v3.1.2 on OS 10.5.5 and I have no idea why. I get the message that says I need 10.5.2 or newer but I'm already 10.5.5. I downloaded the update from apple and I have no clue, if anyone can help that would be awesome.
I started getting an error message (4 times) that is new to me, never before have encountered it. I'm thinking it might have something to do with itunes, but not sure. It seems to have started since i've started using itunes recently. It says it's reported by TechTool which I have installed on the system for maintenance. The error message says: [WDC WD2500JB-32FUAO [WD-WMAEP1081252]]: Threshold Exceeded Is this something I should be concerned about? How...
hi, i am trying to figure out how to go about hooking up an additional set of speakers to my G4, which has my itunes library on it. i don't want to go wireless, just want to know what i need to do in order to add an additional set of speakers for my living room. not sure what i need... an amp? a mixer? i'm not the smartest with this stuff, so any help would be great. the speakers i have hooked up now sound great, i just want to attach another set in another room. is this...
I've upgraded to 10.4.8 recently from 10.3.9 and am having big hesitations/delays in all apps that I use. I've upgraded 2 separate machines so I'm pretty sure it's not something to do with an individual system, seems like a Tiger issue. Double clicks take a few seconds or more to start, opening things, maneuvering through windows/pallets (layers, etc.) in apps is super slow. I'm using CS2 and having issues in all apps within it as well as other software. I have a G4 867...
I'm having problems adding a LaserJet 4m Plus to my printer list. I downloaded the current drivers/software, even though I'm pretty sure they were already there with Tiger. I'm connecting via Ethernet and both computer and printer have been restarted. Things were fine and not a problem to get working in Panther, not so now. The error message and window read: "An error occured while trying to add the selected printer. Error:-50" Any info or help would be greatly...
So I just installed a new 160G hard drive in my G4 dual 867 MDD that had a 60G drive previously. It is not showing up or recognized when I boot from the cd. I'm not super techie so not sure what I have missed doing. The new drive is a Western Digital Caviar EIDE Ultra ATA/100. There was info on setting "jumpers" but I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks