or Connect

Posts by tomkarl

I had my battery replaced in store on Saturday with no issues and a minimal wait. Thank you Apple. I'm always amazed at how people, after they've violated the warranty or TOU by doing repairs themselves, then expect a company to bend the rules to accommodate them. The sense of entitlement these days is extremely unjustified.
Have to agree that the discoloration and inability to clean a product RED leather case is causing me to search for a new one. I love the feel and fit of the leather case but it looks nasty dirty. The Apple store site warned that it would discolor as it aged so I can't really fault them.
  An excellent point and the reason that I won't try this.   Not sure it shows AI as not having respect for human life - but I have to wonder why AI would give the video creator more attention over a pretty clunky sort of a hack.
OK, it's bad enough that government offices in a country that has separation of church and State swears in firefighters with a Bible, but using an electronic device as a substitute is ludicrous. I'm sure that the Pope wouldn't consider an iPad (bible app or not) as sacred as the church's Bible.
6 page thread? Watched it grow from 6 pages to 47 pages in about 25 minutes. Mine is working again without trying any of the 5,000 different "fixes" people have listed. EDIT: Sorry, I was watching a different discussion thread about wifi issues after ios6 upgrade. The 6 page thread AI listed is about page not found and currently at 14 pages.
Huge +1 from me.Been using a dot Mac address since they were first available and it has always been stable and reliable. Never cared much for dot me and only mildly interested in dot iCloud so hopefully the dot Mac will live on forever!
I have to agree. It goes back to the comment about not having drivers as the cause of a fail due to the MS software operating on many different handsets. IMO, one of the reasons for Apple's success both in computers and phones is that they control the hardware that runs their software and can ensure a good, consistent user experience.
We ordered two phones the second day of pre-ordering. Had a ship date of 7/14. They have shipped them early and will be here on the 8th. Doesn't look like a struggle to meet demand from this household's perspective - your mileage may vary.
I'm sorry if my sarcasm was lost on you. I do understand that it matters to those who have gotten their orders in. Two of us here have been trying all last evening and since 3:30 am today to no avail.
Doesn't really matter what the ship date is if you can't even put an order into their system.