or Connect

Posts by kaioslider

I've been using my iPad more and more and have often thought having a second iPad would be worth it. One to used to reference documents and the other to work on. I use Omni Graffle on my Mac quite a bit and have considered purchasing it for my iPad, but decided against it due to the small screen size. If Apple produces a 12" iPad, I'm buying it.
Meh.  Fortunately, Apple has traditionally not put much stock into what investors/analysts have had to say.     Apple is also pretty good at gauging the market and assessing trends resulting in far more hits that misses. I don't believe Apple will abandon the lighter smaller more portable design of the iPhone 5 in place of a larger screened device, but instead offer an additional model if they believe there is a sufficient market for these devices. I personally find...
I have to admit to being somewhat baffled as to the direction of smartphone sizes. In my mind, maintaining a small form factor seems like the logical direction. IMO, I feel Apple's iPhone 5 struck a balance with respect to screen size and the overall size of the phone - I upgraded from a 3GS so the difference is very apparent to me. That being said, there does appear to be interest in larger screens despite the need to carry around a larger device. I've had random people...
Pulling out your phone is fine if you work in a clean environment like an office, clothing store, etc. But you don't want to handle your expensive smartphone when you're hands are covered in say food, dirt, etc. and you make frequently be in a position where you can stay in BT range of your phone, but would rather leave it in a vehicle, a nearby shelf, or even in your jacket across the room. There are jobs that require logging time while environments that are potentially...
Really tough crowd here. While I can't say it's not flash watch, I certainly don't think it's ugly. The bulk of the watch is the battery, which is suppose to last a week before charging, which takes about 2 hours for a full charge. If you're interested the Pebble team have provided a lot of pictures of the innards via their project update posts on Kickstarter. The Pebble also uses the standard 22 mm watchband so you're not restricted to the stock band. From the pictures,...
I'm a backer of this watch and I'm looking forward to receiving it. It's interesting to read the comments above regarding it's appearance. I'd have to agree it's not the sexiest watch, but that is not what I saw when I saw this watch, I saw the functionality of it - Caller ID, SMS, email, control of music, etc. w/o having to whip out my phone. There have been attempts at designing a wearable computer for decades, and in my mind we are there, but it's not a computer in...
I think this isn't quite what it seems, at least based on some of the comments. Everyone knows Apple is moving away from Samsung as a supplier, and LCD screens are no exception, which appears to be supported by the numbers provided in the article. So I believe Sammy is trying to spin this as a choice they made rather than what it is, which is Apple will stop using Samsung as an LCD supplier in 2013. Apple made a huge investment in Samsung's LCD production last decade and...
Well, I used Apple's dock on my previous iPhone and I was fine with it. I used it on my desk where I use my phone the most, for work. It gave my iPhone a semi-permanant spot, it charged my phone, and held the phone at an angle that I could see who was calling at a glance. I actually use a bluetooth ear piece so my iPhone stayed in the dock during calls. This also allowed me to see all my notifications while working at my desk, again, w/o needing to handle the phone....
Giving the recent rumors regarding limited supply of the cable (currently showing a 1-2 week backlog at Apple Store) I think Apple planned on releasing a dock, but opted to not offer the dock in light of lighting cable supply issues. I have know doubt Apple designed a dock for the iPhone 5. The fact that Apple didn't even indicate that a dock would be available in a future date makes me wonder if Apple's lighting cable supply issues are expected to last for several months,...
Seriously, Samsung just doesn't seem to get it, and they're still at it. Imagine if they had put their resources into actually developing their product instead of blatantly copying Apple. When Apple introduced the iPhone Steve Jobs stood right there on stage and said as plain as day that they'd defend their product. Now, not only does Samsung face potentially paying out 3 Billion, but they are losing Apple's business too. And the worst part of it for Sammy is that,...