or Connect

Posts by kaioslider

The iPhone 5 is amazing. Problem is:   1. There are too many tech writers/sites trying to grab headlines and most of them are full of &*^% 2. We are generally spoiled in our expectations despite technology moving at an ever increasing rate, it's still not fast enough. 3. We want to be wowed, but we peek under the wrapper before Christmas.  The pre-release product leaks for Apple products generates a lot of interest, and b/c of this there is a lot of incentive for...
These giant phones with huge screens are ridiculous as phones and too small as tablets. I heard a reviewer on engadget call them phablets, which I hadn't heard before and think it's perfect. Since the dawn of cell phones the goal has been to make them smaller, until recently that is. I still have the 3Gs and I'm quite pleased with the size. I think the 3.5" screen is the perfect size for this kind of device - a balance between maintaining a small form factor and a...
Yes, that's right, "how smart they are..." [as in how one interfaces with a device] is a "secondary consideration", which is painfully apparent when one attempts to use pretty much any of the current "smart TV" UIs. It will of course remain secondary until Apple shows them how to do it right, as they did with the iPhone and iPad - or not Of course picture quality matters, but what Sammy seems to totally miss the ball on is understanding the majority of the consumer...
Here's what I find more often than not. Most people want an iPhone, but of those, most don't want to pay for it and opt for a cheaper Android model. Some people are particular about features that just aren't available on the iPhone, regardless of how practical those features are. There are some limitations associated with the iPhone, but my guess is that only a tiny percentage of the market are technical enough to know not only what they are, but want/need those missing...
AT&T has been in Vermont as of January 2009.
Has the music industry not been struggling to find a way of profiting in the digital since the rise of digital downloads (as seen with year-over-year CD sale declines). This concept of making money for a sample is just a new area for the music industry to try and make a profit in a failing industry. Selling your product by giving out free "samples" is a marketing norm - you see folks giving away free samples in the grocery store all the time, I get free samples of...
So I just had to comment on the article opening - the comment of the ..."mobile device war heating up between the iPod [T]ouch and Zune HD..." it's just not at that level yet. And there's a big difference between what the Mac OS has been battling against and what the portrayed underdog the "Zune" has to battle against. But in both cases there's something that's the same. Apple marketed the first consumer GUI and Microsoft essentially copied it; Apple successfully...
Well, like everyone else that was wondering about this I found this post. While I'm very interested in some kind of insurance for my iPhone and the insuremyiphone.com looks reliable, I'll need to see some more reviews about actual payouts. Ironically, the fact that there is a $100 deductible is reassuring as this I can totally see how some people might try to defraud an insurance company by reporting their iPhone stolen. If you need to fork up another $100 to get it...
The article says that this person spoke to an Apple executive. I can see this happening if it was Apple legal, they have a history of not considering PR, but an executive should have known better. Plus, this person was passed on to the executive, which in it of itself may suggest an internal protocol to deal with a know, albeit limited, issue. I'm sure there are several circumstances the general public are unaware of. Apple should have provided a refund and an...
My guess is that Apple sees the mini as a means to gain market share. Apple really seems to do it's homework when it comes to market research (though it doesn't keep them from trying unknowns ie Cube). I can see this machine to be ideal for switchers, those who have used a PC all their lives, maybe lured to take a look at the mac b/c of the iPhone. It's a toe in the water kinda thing. Today a Mac Mini, tomorrow a 24" iMac, MacBook, or Mac Pro. I'd say that once you...