or Connect

Posts by kaioslider

While I appreciate the conclusions drawn here, there are a couple of points regarding the data: First, couldn't there also be a conclusion that some people are just cheap, for example, if a person chooses a free app (with ads) over the paid version (which in my limited experience so far - I've noticed that most "free" apps with ads offer a 'full' version if you pay), so couldn't one also conclude that most of the Touch owners buy the update and pay for their apps? ...
I personally didn't like the tabs on top. Maybe it's b/c I got use to them below or maybe not. I was also glad to see some kind of background added to the address bar when the page was loading with a change in color as the load status changed. And I'm really impressed with the speed difference from beta - wow.
As much as I hate to say it, I think Firewire is on its way out despite its many advantages. I predicted we'll see Firewire dropped from the iMac, mini, and MacBooks first, then eventually from Pro level machines; dependent on, of course, what high-end media equipment makers do. It's up in the air as to whether these future Pro machines will implement the faster Firewire standards. I personally love FW, and that you really don't need anything like a hub as you do for...
The mini has a place. Apple did say they couldn't build a quality computer for $500. Since the minis sell for $600, it makes me think Apple considered this in make the statement. And if business to consumer sales are indeed 2 to 1, I'd imagine Apple would keep firewire on the units, though probably keep to FW400. Besides, from some of what I've read on the FW omission on the MacBook, space seemed to play has much of a role as anything else. Another thought is that...
I think I can see the next Apple commercial. PC sitting down in front of an iMac making his new "I'm a PC" commercial.
I understand the idea behind being able to sue someone or a company, it's a means for someone to seek damages incurred because someone of someone else's negligence. Absolutely corporations want to cap this making the usual claims that these are frivolous lawsuits and cost the American consumer billions and so on. What they (corporations) would never do is voluntarily admit and offer up compensation for something they know was wrong due to the cost of the admission, so I...
I don't think product refresh is to blame for soft shuffle sales (if that's true). I think the Shuffle with the whole clip thing is brilliant and I love mine. If the 2GB version is just $69 more I'm sure that's all it is. Not really sure how much they could improve on this design except maybe some clever Apple way of displaying what song is being played. But I just don't think it's really necessary given how small the Nano is, ie if that's important to you, buy the Nano.
Well, I'm willing to bet that Apple was kinda in a tough spot. First, I think Apple recognized that it absolutely had to get all (or most) of the major studios onboard. In order to do that and have a consistent pricing scheme Apple pretty much ended up with what's been going in industry ie VOD. Second, Apple really didn't have an ace in the hole sort of speak, again, this is a market already has some history (VOD), Apple is just delivering the content through it's...
Well, as far as I'm concerned Apple got it right this time. Just ordered my AppleTV. I think I'll be getting one for my folks for their new HD TV too, less for the movies - in their case - as for easy viewing of their photos and music from their mac.
I think when I was visiting my parents (I don't watch cable TV at home) I saw that VOD HD content was $5.99 for 24-hour rental (Charter). Apple really has no choice but to comply with the studio demands if it wants to offer this service. They've seen Apple's rise to a major player in the digital music biz and aren't going to let the something happen in the video business. Unfortunately, if Apple really isn't offering anything more than what most people get via VOD, then...