or Connect

Posts by manicLA

Picked up my iPhone yesterday after calling the support number on the paperwork and was told the *repaired* iPhone had been delivered to the store. Turns out they replaced it with a new one (serial number beginning with 7T7 ... previous was 7R7). It was easy to re-activate and restore with iTunes, etc. so all is good. My only gripe is with the $29 fee Apple charged for the loaner. Apple it seems is replacing all the iPhones that have this issue so it doesn't seem...
Picked up my iPhone yesterday after calling the support number on the paperwork and was told the *repaired* iPhone had been delivered to the store. Turns out they replaced it with a new one (serial number beginning with 7T7 ... previous was 7R7). It was easy to re-activate and restore with iTunes, etc. so all is good. My only gripe is with the $29 fee Apple charged for the loaner. Apple it seems is replacing all the iPhones that have this issue so it doesn't seem...
Day 5 still waiting ... Dropped the phone off on Monday but haven't heard anything. No calls, no updates ... I wanted to see how proactive Apple was going to be ...
Seems like the problem is finally becoming public knowledge and Apple is dealing with it expediently. My loaner is working perfectly but it is day 4 and I would love to hear back from Apple on the repair/replacement. I will probably also ask for a refund on the $29 I paid for the loaner seeing as how other Apple Stores have not charged others for this issue ... Been a loyal user (and promoter among my friends and family) of their computers and laptops since 1986 and...
They said they were going to send it in for repair but it seems, from the other forum, that they are not able to repair this issue and are instead replacing the phone. I have my fingers crossed, I think getting a new one as a replacement will be better than a repaired one ... Will keep you and others posted on progress here as well. Thanks.
Thanks for your post -- I was starting to think I was the only one with this issue until I saw all the postings on Macrumors. So to follow-up: Went back to the Apple Store yesterday as planned. They took it in for repair and gave me a loaner and charged me $30. Not sure how to tell which series the phone is, 5 or 7, but from the other forums it sounds as though that may be a factor. I can't imagine this is something that is easily repairable so think they...
Went to the Apple Store yesterday. They said to restore the software on the phone and see if it helps. But no luck. Judging from the lack of posts I'm guessing I am the only one facing this issue. Bummer. Going to go back to the store and see what my options are. Thanks.
Just started noticing a couple of dead spots i.e. areas of the screen that do not respond accurately to touch on my iPhone ... wondering if anyone else is having the same experience. This seems like a new problem that may have started with the last software update. (Note, by dead I don't mean areas that don't light up -- just areas where the touch screen isn't responsive) Specifically, the first bookmark in the bookmarks bar in Safari seems to be non-responsive,...
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Looks like the computer is arriving tomorrow (Monday). Glad to hear you think the price and decision made sense. Can't imagine what it would be like to finally have a laptop that is up-to-date (well almost) -- has been a while. Thanks.
I saw the post below last night and made an immediate decision to order one of the refurbished MacBook Pro models (2.16GHz, Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, 256MB for the graphics card, Firewire 400). Just got an email that it has shipped and will be here by Tuesday. I have been thinking of getting a new laptop for a while (I'm still using the 500MHz Pismo bought 6 years ago) and this deal at $1499 (40% off the original list price of $2499) felt like the right one. I was...