or Connect

Posts by quinney

Happy to see this done sooner rather than later.
Smells like low tide.
Since when are Columbo episodes considered film noir?
Let me try to help you have a higher opinion of the Tesla engineers. The plastic nose cone, which looks unpleasant to some people, helps give the Model S the lowest coefficient of drag of any mass production car. A low drag coefficient enables better performance in terms of acceleration, stability, and range. By making it out of plastic, rather than the aluminum (or aluminium, if you prefer) of the rest of the car body, it provides for very inexpensive repairs for low...
Isn't he giving the money to charity?
You think a test mule gives the same insight as tens of thousands of cars driving millions of miles in the real world and constantly communicating with the Tesla servers? Ok then.
I linked to the article because it provided a concise explanation of how the Reuters article was deliberately misleading. It wasn't an appeal to authority argument.Tesla is not losing money per unit. Their margin is around 25% on Model S. There are many sources for this information, if you don't trust BGR.
They are still working with Panasonic. They are, together, doing a lot of r&d on battery improvements. For example, they recently increased the capacity of their largest battery from 85kwh to 90kwh, without making it any bigger. I think this is the type of improvement we are likely to see. It is possible there will be some miraculous breakthrough, butsteady incremental improvements are certain. The fact that Tesla now has several years of experience with highcapacity...
I don't quite understand your comment. I think the Gigafactory is intended to produce batteries for all the Tesla models (up to 500,000 per year when completed) as well as their home and business Powerwall stationary batteries. I believe Panasonic is still a partner. It is going to take years to finish, but I think the initial phase is supposed to start producing next year. It is a long term investment, rather than a short term fix. I really think they are planning to...