or Connect

Posts by quinney

Yes! The multi-billionaires need more frequent opportunities to install their quislings.
At the time Cook gave his congressional testimony, one of the problems some congress members had with a "tax holiday" was that it hasn't historically increased investment in the U.S. Instead, the funds were used for things like huge executive bonuses, special dividends, and stock buybacks. If you want the tax holiday, that is fine, but prepare yourself for the probability that conditions will be attached disallowing certain actions by companies who take advantage.
Nobody here cares what happens with the stock of Appell Petroleum, dumbass.
Have they sold any of those furnaces in the many months since the agreement?
It may not be cut and dried.
Golly, why would they do that?
All right. I misunderstood what you meant when you wrote "separate companies". I have to wonder, though, if the structure you propose would be enough to insulate Apple from the Denise Cotes of the world.
I don't know. If they wanted to keep their current level of integration among the three areas, the companies would have to cooperate to a degree where govt agencies would probably charge them with all kinds of collusion. It might make things worse.
It is a source of sadness for me that Apple is the one company most responsible for the idiocratization of music.
I'd say that words which are offensive are in an entirely different category than those which have historically been associated with violence. I believe offensive speech is and should be protected by law. However, in my opinion, there are also laws against "hate speech", because it leads to violence. It is a distinction with which the courts have struggled, but I think it is important to recognize.