or Connect

Posts by Imhotep397

Ever since Apple's acquisition of PASemi the company has enjoyed a particularly close relationship with the U.S. Dept. of Defense to the extent that Apple is pretty much becoming the standard for military computing.  The military is also heavily invested in designing and building advanced combat robotics.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Segway group is working both on the robotics within multiple Robotics groups and developing software on OS X to interface with...
This is absurd...   To one person's point a capacitive touch screen miniaturized computer with phone capabilities was Star Trek fantasy until Apple rolled the iPhone out and at that time there absolutely no question about the validity of the patent.  It just seems as if now, three to fours years later, there's a sea of iPhone knock-offs some moron in the patent office wants to invalidate the patents based on the fact that ripping Apple off, as many companies have...
His background made him knowledgeable of the industry and some patent law and for that Samsung wishes to lambaste him? How absurd.
While I can see this being logical for some products at some point this is basically a bunch of malarkey... The thing is Apple is still reaping the benefits of software development and third party hardware compatibility from the wider world by using Intel processors in their desktops and laptops. Even though Apple has built a large development community around the iOS and the ARM platform it's all very platform/task specific. More to the point there's really no reason...
While I can see this being logical for some products at some point this is basically a bunch of malarkey... The thing is Apple is still reaping the benefits of software development and third party hardware compatibility from the wider world by using Intel processors in their desktops and laptops. Even though Apple has built a large development community around the iOS and the ARM platform it's all very platform/task specific. More to the point there's really no reason...
I'm curious to find out whether Samsung will decided to nit pick and have Apple continue to legally chip away or whether they'll just drop Android all together.  Considering they were apparently trying to copy/modify/fork the open source Android and pull away from Google before all of this happened it wouldn't surprise me if they decided just switch to WIndows phone software to unify their international phone line.  Attempting to maintain a bunch of phone hardware with a...
Time for your medicine Fandroids, get ready for WIndows phones all around...bwahahahahahaha
YES! All search engine technologies including Google search algorithms are also commercially essential and should be licensed under FRAND rules IMMEDIATELY as well.
The Lytro comments go directly where my mind went when I saw this.  Wouldn't be surprised if Apple licenses the tech from them and incorporates that with their current camera system.  Since they are using HDRI techniques now the Lytro could be used as a pass and the multi-touch could be used to guide a procedural blurring of the areas not in focus in the non-Lytro passes.
At this point the only way for Apple to get some justice is for them to take Google over. Eric Schmidt is really the only anti-Apple person on the senior executive team and I'm certain deep down all of the rest of the team views Android as an ongoing personal attack on Jobs that Schmidt is conducting. Conversely Google wants to be an insider in the mobile comm. market. All Apple has to do is find the intestinal fortitude to recognize this and get the ball rolling. ...