or Connect

Posts by Imhotep397

If this is true it's absolutely absurd and reveals a weakness that will most definitely be exploited in the future if Apple doesn't take control of it's own server hardware situation. I wouldn't really be concerned if Apple hadn't destroyed it's own server line without ever making a serious software development commitment to it, but relying on companies that are bent on your demise to provide a critical services for you. If Apple still had and was building their server...
It's already crystal clear that NO PROFESSIONAL is down with Ubillos' "Vision" for the NLE. Even the pro editors that are trying to remain optimistic are telling others to stick with FCP7 and reserve judgment until the miracle updates roll out.
Premiere 1-4 was a "Timeline Only" based editor, which is fine for educational purposes. I learned editing with it the beginning of filmschool. Essentially, you have the whole dragging and dropping of clips to a timeline where macro layout of a project is great, but editing shot to shot transitions are made exponentially more difficult. In a "Timeline Only" editor you're forced to work with postage stamp sized windows to make a precision edit and that's just not...
The only thing I can say is that either he, Jobs or both have completely lost their marbles. I can't even buy a copy of FCS 7 or FCS 3 from Apple or virtually anyone else at this point and they've already at least admitted the version of FCP X is not finished. How do you cut off supplies of a working pro app for a beta amatuer app? I just don't understand how anyone would do that. They totally expected most users to just rollover and say "Great job guys, we don't...
Everyone that's been blindsided by this should sign the petition if they haven't already. The more signatures that are on it the more media attention it will get and the more likely we will get a real workable solution. Final Cut Pro X is NOT a Professional Application.
Terragen Classic from Planetside might do the trick for you.
Because it doesn't have anything to do with nit-picking about missing a boatload of necessary features or about Final Cut specifically. This thread is about throwing a spotlight/microscope on Randy Ubillos specifically and recognizing that a failed core philosophy that's been tried already was engineered by the same person 15 years ago. Final Cut can get better, but not with him running the show. Once people start digging into Ubillos' past I think it will be crystal...
He 's the wrong guy at the wrong time that turned Final Cut into Premiere v.4 with a shiny veneer. Obviously a lot of Pro customers are looking towards Avid MC and Premiere CS5.5 I do think however users need to get very specific about what their problem is and in this case it's Randy Ubillos and his philosophy on building cinema/video editing applications. Most Pro users aren't buying it, third party developers for the most part aren't buying it the thing left is to...
MDD G4 PowerMac and a Powerbook G4. I can't afford to upgrade to a Mac Pro so I got a Windows 7/i7 machine to split time on. I still wish Apple would build a mid-tower, but until I can afford Macs again the Windows PC will have to do. Also, I'm waiting for eBay copies of Leopard come down. I'm not paying $129 after I've already spent so much to upgrade these things. My only problem is that probably in a another year or so most current web browsers probably aren't...
People that always complain about online petitions kind of make me sick...I mean they're the kind of people that would probably tell their kids that DisneyWorld is overrated and never take them. Anyway...The first thing that comes to mind is for me is "Why didn't Apple buy Oracle after Oracle bought Sun again?" To me this is an important thing to keep reconsidering into the future as long as it remains true. Apple wanted to update their file system and they were...