or Connect

Posts by Imhotep397

Dumb move. With the Gartner report and all of the noise Apple has been making between the iPhone and iPad there will be major opportunities Apple hasn't had access to before in the enterprise market. RIM just made BES free on Domino, that's a sign that they are scared...on MS Exchange it's $32K for a BES serving a company of 500 users or more they wouldn't be just giving that away for nothing. Hopefully Apple will reconsider and allow companies to build their own...
Sounds like the perfect technology to rebuild WebObjects around actually. There really needs to be a visual editor to allow for that to be a killer tool for everyone and I wouldn't want to see Xcode bogged down with that. Apple already has a pretty deep bag of expertise in graphic manipulation, with their film/video/photo/color grading-timing tools so they could definitely guild a graphical UI to work in concert with other 3rd party graphic tools to build well designed...
This is rubbish...AT&T locks iPhone users in for two to five years on average and they are all paying on average $100 per month for connection services at 9 MILLION users. That's a hell of a lot of dough that no one else has had access to that's why AT&T was willing to eat the subsidy to double the number of subscribers to AT&T services. AT&T has benefited quite nicely from selling the iPhone.
More likely than not there will be a more silent upgrade with the release of SL. Apple did'nt want to give up their exclusivity window with the release of the first "new" Xeons and they are keenly aware of how much Final Cut drives the sales of new Pro hardware, so they released early. I think it was just an issue of bad timing between 3 different product development efforts. For what it's worth I still think and have thought all along that Apple might release a new...
While it is potentially interesting to have so many applications under the AutoDesk roof, IF they ever actually get the stuff work harmoniously, more competition is always batter than less. The link below directs you to an online petition for Apple to continue the development of Shake. Please consider co-signing if you have any interest in continued Shake development for the improvement of the 3D and VFX community. Shake 5 Petition Online
MID-Tower/MID-Tower/MID-Tower/MID-Tower/MID-Tower/MID-Tower/MID-Tower Rather than only continuing to try to make boatloads of money on overpriced display components Apple needs to focus more effort on their Non-Display integrated product offerings. Many people like the convenience of having an all-in-one type of unit and I can see where it makes sense try to lower the prices of these a little, but shaving off $100 here and a $100 there alone isn't going to grow the...
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more speculation about the fact that some Apple exec was quoted as saying Apple was glad to see Intel QuadCore (i7 ?) procs, because they needed them for a new product. A mid-tower with a couple of PCI slots for expandability would be a boon for a lot of studios, large and small, that choose to buy less Macs, because there's no reason to buy Mac Pros for everyone or choose to buy no Macs because of the cost of expandability. Mac...
I feel a lot better about AutoDesk since Maya 8.5 is Universal and all bonus tools for all systems were relaesed simultaneously, BUT Apple should still acquire AutoDesk. The fact of the matter is that high end compositors, like SHAKE, have become critical to the production pipeline for compositing 3D passes, from apps like Maya, and then intergrating those with film footage. AutoDesk acquired Alias, mostly because they're compositing apps which are tied to 3D apps are...
Don't be bashful...if anyone has Steve's email address feel free to pm me.
I keep hearing people talk about the idea that Apple acquiring software and discontinuing that software for other platforms as hypocritical...TOTAL BS! The reality is that Apple develops software that takes advantage of features built-in to a particular operating system and they write the operating system to take advantage of advances made in hardware inclusive of, but not exclusive to the CPU. On the other hand Microsoft neither writes software that takes advantage of...