or Connect

Posts by xelitex

I bought my time capsule last year, about September. It backed up at the regular hourly intervals just fine all the way through November. That's when it suddenly would spend hours upon hours saying that it was "Preparing backup." Out of frustration that nothing was working and it was slowing down my system, I turned off Time Machine. About three days ago, I tried to see if I could get things working again. I turned on Time Machine, set everything up, and began the...
Nope, my initial backup was a few months ago...
Just today I've noticed that the time machine icon in my menu bar won't stop spinning. Finally, I clicked it and it says that it has been "preparing backup" all day long. I stopped the backup just to see if it was a one-time glitch. One hour later, the same thing happened. I gave it thirty minutes and the entire time it said it was "preparing backup" How can I fix this? I already tried turning TM on and off, that didn't do the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi everyone. My brother is currently deployed in the middle east in the Navy with little access to the internet for help with his computer problems. Today he emailed me with this issue. I didn't know the answer, so I'm hoping someone on this forum can help: I accidentally left my laptop in "sleep" mode in my locker for a while (a day or two) and now, it won't even turn on, won't charge, but if I plug the charger in, it will turn on, load, then say that I need to...
I took my macbook to work today in thinking that I would actually have to use it. i took care of it, set my bag down gently, made sure nobody stepped on it, etc. I ended up not having to use it, go figure. So I am getting home and I took it out to find quite a nice surprise Anytime I press the following keys down, a strange rattling/vibrating sound comes out of the computer. Basically G H J K T Y U I O 5 6 7 8 9 0 and the f-keys. That zone of the keyboard. The...
Ok, so yesterday I bought Leopard and Time Capsule. Last night at about 11 PM I started my initial backup of my hard drive. I had read that the first time could take a looong time so I was prepared to wait. 24 hours later, I am sitting here extremely frustrated. I had, quite literally, 2 GB to go before the initial backup was done. All of a sudden, no reason at all, the status light on Time Capsule went from green to flashing amber. The backup automatically quit. I...
I'm going to Europe in a few days. I want to take my iPhone but I am scared of racking up AT&T's roaming charges. However, I have lots of business that I need to do and would like to take my iPhone to use on various WiFi networks. Would it work to simply take out my SIM card, double check that Data Roaming is turned off, and strictly use the WiFi to check emails? Or am I missing something?
I'm on vacation right now and I accidentally left my iPhone case at home. My friends dad had it in his coat and tossed it to the ground. There wasn't anything major, except for a dent in the corner near the camera. This isn't the end of the world for me, its just sort of a bummer to have this happen-especially for something I worked so hard for. What is apples policy on replacing the iPhone with a new one? Is this the sort of thing covered by warranty? Thanks
I've been eying Ziphone for a while now to jailbreak my iphone. I'm not really interested in using another company for service, I'm fine with att, but it seems like it would be nice to access apptapp, installer, and other programs to allow me to install third party apps and change my iphone's icons and theme. What is apple's policy on doing this - and is it worth it? Should I just wait until iphone 2.0? Thanks!
Last night, I was using my phone just fine. A few hours later, I wake up and see on my iphone screen "no sim" where it should show 5 bars. I keep getting this "popup" on the home screen saying that no sim card is installed. What is the issue here? When I plug the iphone into itunes, under info it says: "phone number: N/a" Any ideas? Our plan hasn't been canceled, and I had service last night.