or Connect

Posts by xyz001

Hello all,   I have an old apple HiFi (the white one produced by apple) which i always use to plug my phone or ipod into. I would love to stream wirelessly though. Does anyone know of a wi-fi enabled device i can plug into the back or top of it, and be able to use airplay from the iPhone? Ideally one that i could also plug into other speakers via jack?   any suggestions?   the Apple Hi-Fi below (it has a mini jack in the back, for other inputs)  
Hello all, I have been renting, and recently buying, alot of tv shows on Apple TV version 2 (the small black one). For some shows I would like to have subtitles, in english at least, but preferably i would have a choice of many languages. I have tried to turn them on (to english) and to turn "closed captions" on in the settings. But still no subtitles. What am i doing wrong? I am watching Game of Thrones or Mad Men on Apple TV v.2 on an american Itunes account, but i am...
Finally i found a one-stop solution. A small program called MKVAVI2MP4. It is free. The interface looks slightly complicated, but is actually easy to use. Just choose the folder of files you want to convert by clicking "source" . And then click convert. Pretty easy, and it doesn't re-encode the movie stream, so quality is 100% intact. It even imports subtitles. This is a windows solution though: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mkvavi2mp4/ (be careful not to...
wow, a lot of puritan voices here.
thanks. the secret was RIGHT CLICKING on the phone, then chose transfer purchases! What abaout calling it "transfer apps"? i mean it transfers all apps right? also the free ones...What were they thinking??This has to be the single most user un-friendly function Apple has ever implemented. Why would they hide such an essential function here?? Why not a big fat button in the Summary view? The syncing between iphone/ipad/several computers really needs to be fixed asap. As it...
Can someone help? I am trying to upgrade to iOS 5 on my iphone. But it says it will delete all my apps if i do?! So apparently, i should sync the apps first, is this correct? But the apps that are synced on my itunes, are all my iPad apps, which are very different from what i have on my iphone...So when i try to sync, it says it will replace all the apps on the iPhone with the ones in the itunes library (from the iPad) which i don't want. Is it really true it will delete...
i believe it. a small iphone with a 2" maybe 3 " screen. Wait and see.
The cheap version of iPhone should simply be a smaller version of the iPhone. Like the first iPod mini that caused the real explosion in sales numbers for ipod back in 2004. I for one would actually prefer a smaller phone that fits better in you pocket. iPhone mini (or nano). 2 inch screen. 3G iPhone 4 inch screen 4G This would be a major success.
Dear LuisDias and all, Apologize for the unit naming errors in the first post, that of course should have been written correctly. Never the less your posts do kind of acknowledge there would be a substantial gain under certain circumstances. I agree with you however that with current specs the gains could be rather small! My original post was meant to counter Maury Marcowitx so-called expert-on-the-subject post, and still it shows that he was way off talking about a few...
Well, lets imagine that thin-film amorphous photovoltaics in near future can reach 10 %efficiency (not unrealistic. today they are around 7-9%).That would give following electric power for the back of an ipad (0.05 M2):1000 watts x 0.05 M2 x 0.10 (efficiency) = 5 wattsLets take half of this as heat loss as you suggest: = 2.5 watts from the panel.The ipad today has a 25 Watt/hour battery and last for an average of 10 hours of use. So Average power consumption could be...