or Connect

Posts by xyz001

Thanks for the links.But it looks like the tru2way concept is also aimed at a normal cable connection, not IP TV.I am looking to buy a Sony bravia 32" KDL-32W4000. With this tv i could eliminate the box, with a normal cable solution. But i only have IPTV. Maybe the next generation of HDTVs will have ethernet ports, as IPTV becomes more common?
Yes that is true, but modern tvs just have this card reader slot to manage that stuff (well of course not the dvr, but i don't need that). So you can avoid the box completely using normal digital cable connection.I guess all you would need is an ethernet port on your tv to get the mpeg stream. I wonder why no tvs have this?
Hi Tech-savvy friends. This is not related to Apple really, but I hope you can give a little input to this one: I have a fiber connection in this new apartment i moved in to. The fiber company offers high speed internet (up to 100 mbit up+down) and digital TV with some HD channels as well. So the TV signal comes through an ethernet hub. To make this work i need to order a TV-box to connect to my LCD TV. The TV-Box connects to the TV with an HDMI cable. This fiber...
Great! I didnt know that. The only thing that used to annoy me with quicktime. And BTW mr. H, I like your posts. You are completely right about these small things, that can annoy the hell out of you I think you should report them to apple.
2. Windows runs FLASH better than Mac os X. 3. A lot of stuff on the web only works on windows, making it a better choice for some consumers.
1. In windows you can play full-screen videos with the default media player.
1) Because apple makes design and user experience like no-one else. But mostly for the design actually. Why did they make a boombox? Because it was awsome.2) nothing is wrong with Apple TV. Im just talking about making an Apple Television, and maybe including the Apple TV when you are at it.3) I am willing to spend 150% of the price of a SONY, which should give apple a nice margin. But still be cheap enough to sell loads. Just look at the price of products from B&O....They...
neither, i am afraid.I have scanned almost every producer of flat screen tvs in 32-40" I have not found a single good design. I have found a few that are barely acceptable, but none are good.Apple has an incredible flair for design. Just look how long-lasting their designs are. For Example: The last 10 years we have only had THREE designs for their pro laptop (lombard, powerbookG4 and the new unibody)And only TWO for the pro tower. (the blue/grey g3/g4 tower, and the...
I think the sole reason to the failure of the PS3 compared to the PS2 is its BUTT-UGLY design. I think everybody here underestimates the cool factor of a nice console. The wii is awsome. The xbox 360 is at least not ugly. But the PS3 is the nastiest thing ever to come out of the sony labs.....
What do you think the chance is that apple will launch a flat screen tv soon? Like in Apple TV - Now with TV! No manufacturer makes a nice tv today, so why not just design a nice apple tv, and sell loads of them? It might be slightly out of apples business, but then again, they make portable music players, phones, and they even used to make a really nice boombox. Imagine all the household that has broadband tv today with all these set-top boxes to control their tvs....