or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Given they can't even do this with the current walled garden devices they will likely have similar success (failure) in attempting to do so with their traditional computers. I also called this a very long time ago and at that time the apologists cry was... The iPhone App Store is ENTIRELY different and Apple could never would never attempt such a thing with their desktop OS X...So... Now those very same apologists are still in the RDF are screaming ... OK so they did do an...
Once that happens then YOU get back to ME when the iOS devices support 1080p...
Since he didn't have the source 'port' really isn't the right word for what he did... In short he took the binary items that go into what is the UI/frontend for the Apple TV (iOS version) and packed it all up in a bundle that was acceptable to an ordinary iOS device and it's really a wonder that it worked as well as it did given he really didn't have all that much to work with. (from a developer point of view)
Almost as exciting as watching tennis...
Napoleon complex at it's finest...
If I'm not mistaken Steve said .. Apple will offer apps on the AppleTV when the time is right. (pretty much the same as soon I guess) but in the end it's just a little comforting that Apps aren't 'off limits' as far as Apple is concerned. It stands to reason APPS would eventually be a part of Apple TV, it seems awfully silly to migrate it to one of the greatest mobile platforms of our time (yes this is open to debate and no I'm not in the mood to actually do so).. Anyway...
"Apple signs secretive multi-year technology licensing pact" Okay I usually give AI a pass with the titles they use but this one just needs to called out on. Secret multi-year licensing pact... If you would be so kind, name any licensing deals from Apple or most anyone that are made available for the public at large to peruse at their leisure. I'm pretty sure you wont find any, not at Apple and likely not at any technology (or otherwise) firm that does these sorts of...
You make a fair point but for $10 a month and a slingbox (apx $99 one time) I can do a DVR and see their crap and everyone else's. So sure I might miss an episode cause the DVR had a brain fart and/or didn't have room or I forgot etc so then I'd be left with either renting and/or finding alternative ways to view the missed episode OR simply forget about it since one missed program isn't gonna destroy my world (like it might have when I was younger).Now at 99 cents that...
You can buy them on DVD for apx 1.50 an episode and get extras and bonus crap.
Quick look at the numbers.... 2009 Q3 Net Income 3.2b 2009 Q4 Net Income 3.0b 2010 Q1 Net Income 2.5b 2010 Q2 Net Income 4.0b 12.5b in profits over a 12 month term and they are spending how much on this new technology this year? 700m?!?! Not sure how they can swing it....