or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Don't feel too bad... From what I heard, it still runs fine on System 7... So we got THAT going for us...
Yep... I subscribe to a number of podcasts some mac-centric, some pc-centric as well as a number of relatively unbiased ones... Some are shows but quite a few are 'first looks' type casts. Net-books are getting very few 'positive' reviews and most tend to point to the iPad and all it can do as a negative when reviewing the net-book given the cost. I guess what it really comes down to is most netbooks are so lightweight in power, graphics and battery that even with a...
Someone needs to grow up... but even going by your twisted logic then neither do most of the other cell phone makers. Oh and finally, you are still wrong! Apple does build things, they build their brand along with their stockpile of cash reserves! Oh and yes, they happen to be exceptional at it.
Try not to think too hard, it's only gonna get you in trouble... If you honestly believe iOS v4.x was/is no installed/upgraded on 90%+ of all the capable devices and Steve didn't make mention of it at the iPod/iOS/iPad/AppleTV rollout you've got to be daft! It would have had to have been the most rapid adoption of a new OS in the history of OSes. Okay that last part I pulled from the air (kinda like your 99% figure) but honestly if iOS v4 uptake was that quick Steve...
More to the point their passion for design and the user experience is directly tied to their shareholder value.
REALLY??? You expect businesses to flock to a 7" tablet that gets apx 8 hours of battery life without any 3G/4G support running Android v2.2 the hacker communities most beloved OS??? Are you sure about that?
Wouldn't it be funny that in say 5-10 years time and Google has all but lost it's last appeal in the oracle vs. Google case and google turns around and says... Well, it was fun while it lasted but any Android devices in development or unsold must be returned immediately to the manufacturer. 10 years of just about every cellphone maker NOT maintaining an OS of their own... All those eggs stacked solely in googles basket... A basket that Oracle just crushed with it's boot...
- 250,000 Apps currently available before an app purge it was nearly 300k- 6.5B App downloads includes updates iirc- $1,000,000,000.00 paid to App developers after Apple took it's 30%- 120,000,000 iOS devices sold to date.- 15,000 App Store Submissions Per Week .. Yes I typed week.Now let's hear your numbers...
Not true....You forgot one very important detail when measuring what Apple needs... Users are almost worthless if a very large portion of them have never and likely will never pay for an app. I listen to lots of podcasts and those who fly the hacker flag high and proud gloat that they'd never be caught dead BUYING an APP... These same people boast how useless the iPhone is and how awsomw Android is... Perhaps someone needs to dig out a photo of what ANDRIOD looked like...
Apple doesn't make anything from iTunes movies or music... It's nothing more than a necessary evil to safeguard it's iDevice sales. Which is why Netfix is showing up on iDevices... Apple kept them off as a gesture of goodwill to the studios... Since the studios are still giving apple the cold shoulder Steve said SCREWEM welcome aboard Netflix and soon Directv, FiOS and HBO ... If the studios aren't gonna sell their crap direct then there's plenty of other sources stepping...