or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

The old ATV was based on an intel CPU I think and running a highly modified version of OS X... The new ATV is based on the Apple A4 and almost assuredly iOS in some incarnation... Some will scream NIT NECESSARLY but let's be honest... What is Apple more likely to do.1 - Invent some brand new OS for the AppleTV?2 - Port that highly modified version of OS X to the A4?3 - Use iOS and have their developers write a ATV like media player?Oh and if you do pick 1 or 2 then...
And put lots of super expensive whole house audio systems right out of business...
Yea but in the UK it's just the opposite...
iTunes != Apple Profit CenterHardware Sales = Apple Profit CenterTranslation: Anything (almost) that will promote the sale of Apple Hardware is something Apple wants to embrace. There was a time when Apple NEEDED to grow the iTunes store but not so much any more... They have enough content now where this isn't a big deal and the cold shoulder they are getting from the studios tells them they aren't gonna expand the iTunes movie store anytime soon...Also they may have...
And you seriously think you'll be the first one to do so? Somehow I think the patent system has more than it's fair share of embodiments of molecular translocation systems as well as embodiments of vertically tethered space platforms ... Space elevators .. As well as replicators and mater recombinators etc etc etc. Seems to be the best way to hit the jackpot .. Just think something up that might be remotely possible within the next 15ish years and cross your fingers....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion#Patents
Anyone else noticing this? The AI home page loads and then as the boatload of ADs start loading their crap something happens and I've been redirected to google.com Strange ... it happens in Safari but not Chrome ... checking FF now Firefox seems to be okay too tho it's autoblocking ADs and I'm not sure how to turn that off... Problem seems to be gone... musta been some buggy AD I suspect...
They're certainly an easy target, but no... They're just following the rules as they were handed down to them. It's certainly not in their power to dismiss something indiscriminately (except for perpetual motion patents --- those are weeded out to the best of their ability)...Why? Well you know (grabbing my tinfoil hat)... its a big government conspiracy and 'big oil' is at the heart of it all...
Unfortunately this patent clearly covered by prior art... Too bad and ONLY 76 years too late ... SO CLOSE! Sorry Paul lets hope the other 3 have more staying power.Also a TV placed in a store front window would also fit the bill...
Man... If I had a nickel for every time I heard a waiter say "Might I suggest..." Hmmm takin any best thats where Troll Paul got his 'idea'.