or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Really!!!?! The USPTO ACTUALLY granted Paul Allen patents based on "recommending similar items" really!?!?!? Every salesman in the WORLD does that every single day. It's perhaps of THE most obvious and easiest uses to get a computer to perform. Either using key-words (meta data) OR slightly more difficult having the computer identify the 'type' of story the person is reading and then find other stories with similar 'type'. Either way.... this is done on every news related...
Okay... but I'd just like to see what the 'life of this license' is... Since the PREVIOUS h.264 license expires in 2015. If the next license expires some 10 years later and CANT be terminated early then YES I certainly agree it's effectively 'forever'. However if the life of the next license term is 1 year or 5 years long or as stated above they can terminate the next license term at any time then they can simply go back to their initial plans and this PR is really...
Look, on 9/11/2001 air travel was HALTED INDEFINITELY, because at the time they simply couldn't say exactly WHEN they'd be resumed. Air travel was of course resumed and it certainly didn't take 20 years to do it. Look if they REALLY meant it. they would have said "h.264 will be unencumbered when used in conjunction with free internet based video (or whatever their terms are) for the life of the patents involved in the h.264 technology." they didn't and all I'm pointing out...
"not clearly defined or determined; not precise or exact:" Thats taken right from the definition you quoted and it works for me...
Define Indefinitely:indefinitely |inˈdefənitlē|adverb For an unlimited or unspecified period of time : talks cannot go on indefinitely.• [as submodifier ] to an unlimited or unspecified degree or extent : an indefinitely large number of channels.
Are you saying Apple (Steve) would block apps from the likes of those recently announced by HBO and FiOS because they are still being CIRCLE JERKED by those stupid Networks? Yea somehow I think Steve will smile like the grinch on Christmas Eve and say "Oh, come right in HBO & FiOS, have a cigar and a glass of brandy, you're apps are exactly what we're looking for." while messaging his assistant to not accept any more calls from NBC, CBS, FOX and the rest of the network...
FAR easier said than done... Don't believe me? Just ask the music and the publishing companies...1 - Those 'media contracts', regional exclusives, etc aren't year to year... They are all/mostly 5 or more year deals and can't simply be torn up and thrown away.2 - Those companies have built up an enormous amount of 'fiefdoms' that all have their own specific agendas (aside from the official corporate one).For example it shouldn't come as any surprise that the 'optical media...
Yep we're all pretty much on the same page... but my cable system offers high quality 1080p movies (depending on the movie) over PPV and on the premium movie stations and if I were to 'give up cable' as one poster said I wouldn't have any way to replace that content without buying Blu-rays and or subscribing to Netflix and being stuck with only watching 1 Blu-ray on any given 3 day period.Now, for lots of folks (younger folks especially) who spend lots of time 'hanging...
Okay here's my (latest) spin on this whole concept.... 1080p I WANT IT TOO!!! That being said... I've got a question to all those who are screaming the same song. Q: Who streams 1080p movies over the internet? - iTunes (nope) - Netflix (nope) - Hulu (lol.. nope) - Hulu+ (still lol nope) - Amazon (nope) Anyone I'm forgetting? SO what content are YOU going to have that IS 1080p? - Bitorrent ... 'rentals' - Ripped Blu-ray movies? (still very much illegal in the US ......
dupe post