or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Just let me know when Apple sends the same QUALITY that my cable provider offers...
Yea I'm from that world too I remember back when channels went off the air and then resumed programming with the pledge of allegiance (iirc)... but then there was HBO ... nudity and cussing in the privacy of your own home... and then I Want My MTV and then Skinamax ... err Cinemax and the 24 hour news channel ... That was a joke for quite some time... but then the 24 hour weather channel came out and the jokes about 24 hr news largely went away. From there the ball kept...
Yep... in most of the US we often get our broadband and phone services from our cable provider tho we are free to subscribe to any of the services ... perhaps at a more expensive price if we only subscribe to broadband for example.. Usually the cost bump is anywhere from 10-20 (or more depending how close you live to a major city. As for iTV replacing your cable service... that (unfortunately) isn't likely to happen. Apple can't even get reasonable agreements from the...
In short... It won't.Sorry but the painful truth is this, between the ancient and convoluted licensing agreements content owner have with other countries AND seeing how painful it is just to get some kind of agreement with ABC NBC CBS FOX in the US ... AND ... the fact that all the countries have different standards for broadcast format and video interfaces (or is everyone on HDMI already?) either way the formatted video is still different or at least it was with SD...
QFT!Little story... A friend who was an adamant Apple hater (mocked me whenever he could)... Anyway, this was in the Palm golden years (iirc) and yet he was not impressed with the Palm devices so he totally floored me when he called to let me know he was sporting a ... not sure what model (emate maybe?) anyway, he LOVED it and this was just after Steve took the axe to the whole project.. I told him he might wanna return it since it was a dead end product but he wouldn't...
Android?!?! What are you talking about... last I heard Google was backing CHROME for tablet devices... Then again the way some companies change lanes at the drop of a dime its really anyones guess what Google has planned for tablet devices it could very well be back on the Android track... or Chrome or heck maybe something entirely new!. Wouldn't THAT be exciting.It must be extremely exhilarating trying to support all those Google subsidized devices with WHO knows WHAT...
Having a little background on this topic.... pssst... don't look at the desk of the LAWYER but take a gander at the work being done by the paralegals and administrative assistants. A lawyer that needed a computer? Yea not impossible but chances are they go very much underutilized.
See this is what I can't seem to understand when it comes to the behavior of other players in the mobile market... Google... Android on cellular and Chrome on the desktop and Chromdroid on the tablet perhaps... lol Microsoft... Who knows on that silly kin phone.. something else on Zune.. something else on other phones and eventually Win Mobile 7 late this year give or take. Oh yea some other OS for xBox... HP... Microsoft on some yet to ship tablets... Palm OS on some...
. . Sniff sniff... PHEW!!! What IS that smell?!?!?! Oh yea, it's the management at Netflix, Hulu, et-al collectively shitting their pants. Between this and the HBO announcement can the other movie channels AND the other major cable networks be far behind. Holy CRAP is this what it looks like when the cable industry FINALLY gets it or is that just wishful thinking on my part? \
Dozers?!?! The man better make quick work of it using C-4 before some group gets it in their head to fight a little longer.