or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Somehow I think the (current) agreements HBO has made to the cable franchises expressly forbid HBO from marketing directly to the viewers. One hopeful sign is this could very well be HBOs first move toward building a more intamate DIRECT relationships with the cable subcribers and I'm willing to bet that this MIGHT be the first sign of cable tv exclusive channels doing an end run around the cable franchise and sell their channels to any and all customers.Wouldn't that be...
Say what you willl but the fact remains that HBO is still a huge player in the old guard entertainment industry and the mere thought that the seem to be 'GETTING IT' and trying to embrace this 'brave new world' of ours IS A REALLY GOOD THING. First off the whole idea that this will be available to me at NO ADDITIONAL COST other than my normal HBO monthly fee is SIMPLY UNHEARD OF and it seems to be out of the greedy hands of my cable provider who wouldn't think twice about...
Come on folks... EZPass as well as the numerous variations on the concept. Swipe and Go and all of variations based upon it. Not to mention all the modern employee badge systems put into place at many large employers are all variations on the general concept termed near field communications. Try and avoid donning the tinfoil hats if at all possible... They tend to scare away the new AI forum members.
And what on gods green earth leads you to believe cancer risk has ever been a sticking point with corporations OR governments when it come marketing to the general public? I'm living... Err dying proof that it doesn't mean a gosh darn thing.. So long as the government is getting it's vig they'll turn a blind eye again and again.
You're right of course.. but having fun with some of the posters is just too tempting to avoid.Ah yes... and just now I'm remembering a simpler time in my life when I would rub my finger over my turntable needle to remove the never ending ball of dust that would materialize almost constantly ... Knowing full well that it was _B_A_D_ and totally unacceptable behavior... Yet somehow, it always felt so good doing it... Kinda like cracking your knuckles. Actually it would...
Just when I thought the thread couldn't get any funnier....
Maybe it's been said to death but here goes... Magic Apple HDTV Features: - Amazing 720p video quality - Astoundingly distinct right AND left audio channels - Engineered to prevent playback of nasty and outdated optical media - Worry-Not (tm) cable card support since we don't support it - The finest DVR Free viewing experience bar none - The most amazingly expensive 3D glasses ever produced - Available in an plethora of 38" sizes - US ONLY for a really good...
Yea Im not gonna hold my breath...
Apple and oranges perhaps but the fact reamains, the OWNER of the content has the ULTIMATE say as to how it is to be sold and if they happen to make a choice you don't like it doesn't give anyone the right to just steal it instead.Look the band could tern around and say that from this point forward all songs will be sold in blocks of 11 and sorted alphabetically. SO ifvyou want to buy Wish You Were Here you'd have to buy the other 10 tracks that fall in before and or...
HE might be back?!?! Somehow I think Mr. Floyd or PINK to his dearest friends will some how find a way to carry on.