or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Bezel plastics or it didn't happen...
Do a quick search on who owns 'insert fav channel'... You might be shocked to know the answer... Often it's one of the major networks ... Or one of the cable giants ... Or some conglomeration of the two.I was quite sad when I learned of this...
Look at it another way.. Imagine apple going to the major cable systems and telling them 'By offering your cable package under iOS you'd be able to utilize 'our' data centers as distribution points and in return you'll have no exclusive rights to sell your cable packages to the entire US market.' Now think on that for a minute.... Cablevision being able to sell to markets well outside the telephone polls they have wire hung from. Dish or directtv being able to sell to...
Been saying this for at least a year now... Ever since Cablevision started rolling out an iOS app... We can see just about everything on iOS cept for the PPV stuff ... Then again that might have changed... They are totally embracing the iOS world it's quite amazing. Anyway I coud see this given what CV has been up to.
Wanna be a miscreant of society.... Yea there's an app for that!
My prediction: Rich Little would own the world once this goes into full deployment. Hmm I wonder how many readers have to google Rich's name just to make sence of my post...
I'm guessing we gotta wait for that Microsoft advantage to kick in eh? So sad...
Can't speak for the chap you were replying to ... But as for me,BYTE??? Well yea but only after reading Dr. Dobb's cover to cover at least once!
Well at least they stopped calling it the wrong name... An Address Book in the not too distant past meant listing 'family units' that lived at the same address as a single unit... Where you could list nformation as detailed as you'd like. Kids names, birthdays , anniversary etc etc. What I don't get is why apple has simply ignored this small detail. If you want it 'easy' it could be as simple as a checkbox that says 'group family's with the same address' This way you...
I'm sorry but what would your os plan be? Should we make the os so underwhelming that ... 80% of the installed hardware base can be 100% feature rich with a brand new os revision? How about 70%? 60%??I dunno about anyone else but I want OS X to push the envelope I want it to stress older hardware... It's a good thing to me!And getting all wound up because one single/significant feature isn't supported is just sour grapes. Each time we make a hardware purchase we're...