or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

I'm just wondering where ireland is.....
Agreed, given the wonderful gifts HP, RIM, Dell and others have given in the unique form of mega-million dollar inventory write downs... AKA, the selling products that cost upwards of $400+ to make for $99.95. I think someone should add up all of the magnificent failures in dollars lost should make for an interesting chart when compared with the profits the iPad has raked in over the same period.The 'tablet' everyone seems to be looking at for a dent in iPad sales is of...
Yea that was my though as well...
DRM just the studios way of letting you know that THEY THINK YOU'RE A THIEF!Sad thing is had you actually been a THIEF you wouldn't have this silly hiccups.DRM driving honest customers into the pirates den since 1984** A sick salute to Macrovision I guess...Sorry you're having this problem perhaps you might wanna search the Apple Support Discussion Forms (hosted on apples site). Tho, they'll will likely tell you everything is FINE and ITS supposed to work that way. They...
Yep, and as much as I loved to mock the traditional IT group who followed and enforced the wintel or die playbook I did finally understand some of the many pains they suffered... While I happily did as I wanted with my band of hardcore research types. It did dawn on me after many years that the huge difference was that the researchers were very much in need of only a few major things FAST computers and a super super fat pipe to the NREN ... aka the Internet. An OC192 took...
Gotta agree with ya... Apple and ever more so Steve has always demanded secrecy till the day a a product rollout... This fine for home users and perhaps tolerable for 'small shops' however a company with tens of thousands of workstations this just doesn't fly. They have a real business need to know what they will be buying for at least 18 months ... Even that would be less than optimal for most CIOs. Apple also has this neat habit of killing an existing model DEAD as soon...
Not an issue...1 Burn drm'd tracks to a cd2 rip cd
While I think you could since the ATV has audio out ... You'd need to activate the unit which does require a display.. Other options include.Airport Express does a great job with audio and is regularly found on the apple refurb store and it's one product I never mind getting a refurb for a few bucks less... OR shop amazon and click on the price where it will list all the new refurb AND used offerings sometimes you get one at a really good price.Also... If you have an iPod...
You do know what CES is right? More to the point WHO it's designed for. Hint, CES is not an expo that is open to the public... It's entire reason for being is to allow manufacturers to showcase what they -should- be releasing over the next 12 months. It's for manufacturers to connect with resellers as well as parts suppliers and to a slightly lesser degree the CE media / press to better cover these new items in their publications, blogs, broadcasts etc.Almost nothing...
Perhaps 'construction' would have been a better fit?