or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Kinda sorta... But as an added bonus you are 99.999% more likely to get a virus or malware or some other communicable abnormality... YES I'm joking...
You can't loose when you use the My Cousin Vinny Defense... ..."Maybe you're ready for a thicker set. "
Hmmm would it be to obvious to say Apple Engineers / Testers are 'holding it wrong'.
And remember, it's not the fall that kills you... It's that bone liquefying stop that follows.
Is it too early to call 2011 the start of the patent bubble? I'd laugh so much harder if 2012 brings in sweeping changes to the patent system that voids and or severely impacts them.
Okay... however I'm fairly confidant that these 'benevolent' organizations aren't paying the hardworking inventors a great sum for the patents they create. They like everyone is out to pay as little as possible for the greatest possible return.In other words, the trolls aren't any better than the anti-competitive technology firms who wield patents like a sword. I believe it's safe to say the LION-SHARE of tech-centric inventions are built almost entirly on the foundation...
All of the above and a boatload more...Any established technology company could crush and devour some pesky start-up inventor (patent or not) and in the end the lowly inventor would be lucky to get bought-out for a pittance. Fact is, all the inventor would likely get for his or her time and hard work would be a big fat legal bill and be forced into bankruptcy.Some may drag out the name Robert Kearns and his victory over the auto industry (Ford, Chrysler,etc) on his...
This is the huge giggle out of all this.... Google spends ONE BILLION dollars to buy a bot load of patents from IBM. Google spends TWELVE BILLION dollars (buying mot mobile) to acquire a boat load more patents. And all this because Google can't compete in the technology marketplace without them... NOW ... What's the purpose of patents again? To protect the inventor? Yea, I'm just not seeing it. A small-time inventor today doesn't stand a chance of truly profiting from his...
That's what I was thinking! I mean, the avg 1 room studio in NYC is about 650sqft and cost ... Gotta be over $1,000 .... Prob closer to 1,500 or more now a days and that's not gonna get you a room with a view in a landmark building. Then again with the rest of retail where it is today.... I'm guessing not too many were lined up willing to do millions... Likely 10s of millions in renovation AND sign a 10 year lease. In a different time I'd bet they could a gotten 1m a year...
Apple can certainly provide all the legal assistance they want to the developers... I'm pretty sure Apple has a warehouse close to the size of that shiny-new NC datacenter chockfull of hungry lawyers just needing a direction to be pointed in. All they need to do is hear 4 words from Steve....MAKETHISGOAWAY!