or Connect

Posts by DaveGee

Also let's not forget, every tech report / story / podcast / forum post / etc that trumpeted the arrival of the iPhone on Verizon also was very quick to point out that Apple is almost assured to release the iPhone 5 this summer and buying the Verizon iPhone now wouldn't be wise. It was only later that reports started to surface calling into doubt the iPhone 5 being ready for the normal 'summer release' timeline.
Well given that TB is quite similar to an entire PCI bus (an actualy bus not a single slot) on a single cable all of this and so much more is very very possible. Just imagine it.. Any conceivable PCI card can be made external WITHOUT a speed hit normally associated with such a move.Hardcore gamers trying to do SLI and having to stress over PC power supply issues , heat, card headroom etc etc... Bye bye ... Hang as many TB based video cards with their own case and power...
Okay maybe I'm being to optimistic about this... Wouldn't a KICKSTARTER project to design a TB ... ANYTHING get SO SO SO much attention?!?! If any of you know of any really smart circuit board engineers.. Perhaps you might get them to look into doing something really cool and get it funded... A great example of hardware based...
Don't forget about the hours of the day and days of the week and oh yea months of the year. I'm sure they'd like to up-charge us on whatever they think they can get away with and then just a smige more. Also doesn't anyone else find it mildly interesting that not a single (popular) cable channel exists that isn't owned by... One of the major networks and or one of the major cable franchises... The entire industry one great big incestuous orgy of money grabbers
a nasty feature the MPAA forced some drive makers and/or system builders into implementing... In short, it purposefully reduces the read speed of a DVD to 2x or 3x instead of allowing the drive to perform at it's engineered read speed of 16x or more.
/agree just to make a point to all those demanding USB3 ... INTEL the company behind the USB spec STILL hasn't rolled out a chipset with 3.0 baked in.. Now, since we all know that Apple has based all of it's Intel based mac's on intel designs... Not having USB isn't that shocking.SourceWell I'll not get too wordy on this ... However I certainly could... Apple seems to always release optical drives that are rip locked... Perhaps this has changed in the recient past but...
Now if we hear of a Mac mini with SB & thunderbolt I'll really be excited! We'll basically have the headless Mac that many of us have been waiting for... After all, TB is pretty much a PCIe bus in the form of an external port. In fact, if a device doesn't have a PCIe bus it can't have TB... So no TB for AppleTV or any other iPhone based hardware but iMac and mini both have a PCI bus MacBook & MacBook pro too even tho they don't have any slots bolted to it... So all we...
They do when they want some press that makes em look like they care about the great unwashed masses....
If this means I can place an electronic order to Wendy's for a #2 plain no cheese and a large diet and consistently get my order without cheese I'm all over this feature. I mean you'd almost think PLAIN would do the trick but when one says plain NO cheese and still receiving cheese is just rude and it happens nearly 100% of the time to the point I no longer use the drive-up cause I know a 2nd visit to the window is all but a given...
Funny I was gonna say the same thing to you...As for a topical post... Despite what this article says... This has been an issue even before the latest patch.. Also you should add Sharp Aquos to the list... My several year old 4 or 5 set non 1080p set also experiences a flicker issue but it clears up in a reasonable period of time... It happens when the atv comes out of sleep almost exclusively.