or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

I still like the *first* UI best. I'll never use MLB, so why the hell do I have to look at it?
So the question we all have is whether or not the Air/Pro split will be thinning. Given that we live in the "post PC" world, I suspect it will be in Apple's best interests to slowly draw down their PC-like offerings, including laptops. A lineup with the mini and iMac, two Airs and two Pros would likely serve them fine.
No it doesn't. It demonstrates that PV requires subsidies where power is cheap or you could build other systems (the example being nuclear). If those two don't hold, PV may be cheaper already. The article gives two examples of this. In the vast majority of areas, however, PV is completely dependent on support. This represents the *vast* majority of PV installed every year. It's certainly the case here in Toronto, as well as every major FIT market like Germany, Spain and...
You're confusing CAPEX and LCoE. The former is how much you pay for the system, the second is the effective cost of the power it produces. The relationship is straightforward, and you can find an article on it by googling "your own grid parity pv"
Has anyone upgraded yet? There's some comments on other forums that the content is all either SD or 1080p already. I find this hard to believe, but I'd still like confirmation.
No it does not. You can do the calculation yourself, its very easy. Go here…http://matter2energy.wordpress.com/2...ity-pv-system/Solar panels made from coal-fired electricity pay off in about 3 years. Those made in Europe or Canada where the percentage of hydro and nuclear is higher pay off in just over 1 year.
I buy and install solar panels for a living. If you've ever read an article on the topic on the Wikipedia, I probably wrote it. Sorry, but PV is *not* competitive. Right now it costs about 25 cents a kWh, which is almost certainly more than what you pay for retail electricity where you are, let alone on the wholesale side. Wind is generally quoted at 12 cents. The difference, of course, is that PV continues to fall in price at a rate never before seen in the history of...
And again, your logic for wanting this is… "I want it." You haven't yet offered a single cogent argument for your price points. It's always "this is what I think they could possibly charge, so they should". And again, the reason you're wrong is that you always charge what the market will bear. This is a business maxim that goes back thousands of year (literally, it's found in Greek and Latin). Apple is clearly charging what the market will bear, at least in the markets it...
The question is whether or not Apple can suck so much profit out of these segments that no one can be bothered to produce them. Something similar is happening in the LCD TV market as we speak. It would normally be a "race to the bottom", but I don't think this particular instance of one company racing up (their margins were up this quarter) while everyone else sinks is very common.
This is *obviously* an ancient patent they're just putting in now in order to enlarge their quiver. Seriously, "video tape player"?? There is no effective way to do discovery. All methods have obvious and very real failure modes.