or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

+1 Seriously, I don't understand why people would want an "all in one" chat client that does text and video (let alone MS's idiotic writing!). I don't text while I'm video chatting, and I don't video chat while I'm texting. Why would you? I want two apps, small ones that do one thing well. Of course there is the need for a third app, also small and doing one thing well: VOIP. Like iMessage, dialling another iPhone owner should be able to use GSM/Wi-FI instead of my minutes.
So I should buy an entirely new television to get *voice recognition*?! You're joking, right?
So, here's a questionÂ… why would I possibly want this? I consider my TV to be nothing other than a large monitor. I get inputs from a cable box, PS3 and an Apple TV. I can add new inputs, or remove old ones. So why would I want to buy a new TV when all the inputs are the same? I seriously doubt Apple can make a display that's "better enough" to make me replace my existing one. For that matter, what it is the Apple TV doesn't have now? Live channels, and *all*...
me: "television, findÂ…" my kid yelling: "gogglenAdfnd!" This will never work.
Well for a 1-a-week show that's one thing, but a daily show is another. And since the only thing I watch on cable is The Daily Show... Netflix rocks. BTW, I have a ATV2 and it doesn't have a TV menu of any sort - for rental or purchase. Is this a Canada thing?
Well put. Simply, MobileMe did not offer value that most customers were willing to pay for.As a result, Apple customers were losing out on a lot of functionality that would save them in an emergency. Things like Find my iPhone, backups, etc. It is in Apple's best interest to offer that for free.
Of all of these, keychain is the one I wanted the most. If I'm really going to have a random login for different sites, I need to be able to share it easily and keep it in sync. Otherwise when a password expires (etc) there's no way for me to remember what the new random one is when I move to my other machines. Suggestions?
As I said, I am aware of the feature. I find it useful in some contexts and not others. Obviously my question is how to get more fine-grain control over the process.
I use Preview as a quick viewer app - double click or download a PDF, read it, Quit. Now under Lion, this means all the old documents also open. I understand this idea, but it simply doesn't work with my workflow, and I'd like to turn it off. However, there's nothing in Preview's prefs that seems to control this. Ideas?
What if the electronics needed for the charge controller took up room that the battery would use and gave you 1 hour of power? How about then? Or, more likely, it added $25 wholesale and gave you the same power ad plugging in for 2 minutes?