or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

Show me da spreadsheet!
Well duh, offer a $99 tuner box that plugs into it. Have an app in the store that you download to operate it, and pass the video through. Would I pay $200 for a iTunes box and a cable tuner with a useful UI? YES. And let me plug my AirBook's DVD into it too. Maury
No they didn't. The security hole was published by other parties, they just used it. Telling YOU about the hole did not change the security of the system one iota.Well the first claim here is clearly false, and the second two are not problems.No it is not. It never was. You have always had the right to jailbreak your phone. Always. What HAS changed is that it is now legal to circumvent a technical lock to make a tool to jailbreak. The recent change affected programmers,...
Actually it's big claim to fame in this area is that it can be injection moulded, like thermoplastics. That means they could ditch the milling entirely. It costs a LOT more money than aluminum, but my guess is for small amounts of material the milling costs might be more than the material. VERY interesting development. Maury
> Apple's latest handset have experienced fewer dropped calls than those who own an iPhone 3GS Is anyone really surprised to hear this? Even the statistics reported by Apple at the press conference was almost certainly statistically insignificant. I'll bet that another month's numbers will show the dropped call numbers have gone down. Maury
Yeah, but I can hear my PC when it's on. Kinda kills the mood in the quiet parts. Maury
To digitalclips and the original poster: PLEASE take some photos of your old gear like this and upload it to the Wiki Commons. We need to save these little bits and pieces for posterity. Maury
But I don't like this model. I don't want to have to have two machines running to do the job of one. Maury
Why would you possibly want to do that? This is called a "distributed cost", you're driving up the cost for all users to please the needs of a minority of them. DVR's are going the way of the dodo. Certainly there are people that still want them now, but they won't in a year. Doubling the price of the ATV to please that minority is stupid. In an optional box, it's an optional box. Maury
Nothing could be further from the truth - the Remote app is practically useless. All it does is start or stop media that you already have. You cannot, or I'm too stupid to figure it out, search in YouTube for instance. Of particular annoyance is the inability to find movies in the iTunes Store. Maury